Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sftp:inbound-channel-adapter and delete-remote-files

Hi everyone,

I apologise in advance if there's been already a discussion on this matter. As I've yet to find it, please redirect me there and close/remove this thread.

Scenario: batch app that monitors remote folder via sftp, transfers files and processes them

Problem: using a property to define whether my "sftp:inbound-channel-adapter" should "delete-remote-files". Using the snippet below I encountered the following error:
    Offending resource: class path resource [launch-context.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionStoreException: Line 14 in XML document from class path resource [META-INF/spring/si-module-context.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '${delete-remote-files}' is not a valid value for 'boolean'.

Context snippet:
        <sftp:inbound-channel-adapter id="sftpInboundAdapter" channel="inputDirChannel"
                 session-factory="sftpSessionFactory" local-directory="file:${local.dir}" remote-directory="${remote.dir}"
                 filename-pattern="${filename-pattern}" temporary-file-suffix="INC" auto-startup="${sftp.enabled}"
                 delete-remote-files="${delete-remote-files}" >
            <int:poller ref="poller" />

Any help in overcoming this issue is greatly appreciated.

P.S. latest idea that came to mind as a workaround is to define a different channel adapter for both true/false, each in its own xml, and then include the right one based on the value of the property, but I'd prefer a more elegant solution.

Kind regards,

I just looked. Its a bug in XSD
    <xsd:attribute name="delete-remote-files" type="xsd:boolean">
    Since its boolean it does not except placeholders.
    Could you please file JIRA Bug for this?

Hi Oleg,

I noticed the xsd definition myself but I thought it was meant to be like that... thanks for the info, I've opened, although it might some editing (I believe it has something to do with me not escaping the braces in ${delete-remote-files})

In the meantime if anyone else has a similar problem, my workaround is:
      1) create an xml file with a channel definition having delete-remote-files="true" and one having "false"

2) in the main context xml reference
      <import resource="classpath:/META-INF/spring/file-remove-${delete-remote-files}-sftp-channel.xml" />
      3) since spring will try to include the resource first and later in the process set the placeholders, you need to manually read the property ${delete-remote-files} and add it to the system, prior to instantiating the spring context

It will be addressed shortly an we are planning a release of 2.0.5 some time next week, so the wait will not be long, but it will be in the tonight's nighty