Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TCP client Gateway - but need to handle unsolicited TCP server responses Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have done that now, thanks.
    I only spotted after my post that is was DEBUG level (got confused as the stack trace was was being logged too).

I very much appreciate your quick responses.

Comment

No problem - I opened a JIRA ticket... https://jira.springsource.org/browse/INT-2900

Comment

BTW, in the error scenario above, with regard to the original request message that is in the aggregator... What happens to that ?
        Error seems to come back to the caller, so does the request message expire inside the aggregator independently ?

Comment

The aggregator releases both messages in the released message (with the payload being a List<?>). Your transformer (get(1)) transforms the List<?> to the second payload and the first is simply discarded.

This is true whether the second message is the response, or the ErrorMessage.

Comment

That part I understand. However, in case of the above error, as it is not routed back into the aggregator, how can it "release" the group ?
            I can confirm, that during the debugging, in case of the connectivity error, the exception / ErrorMessage does not come into the aggregator and my release strategy does not get invoked :
            Code:
            	@ReleaseStrategy
            	public boolean isReadyToRelease(List<Message<?>> messages)
            	{
            		return messages.size() == 2;
            	}

Comment

Here is the current set up if it helps :

Code:
                           <int:gateway id="barxServerGateway"	 service-interface="MyServerGateway"
                                   default-request-channel="toErrorCatchingGw"/>
              	<int:service-activator input-channel="toErrorCatchingGw" ref="errorCatchingGw"/>
              	<int:gateway id="errorCatchingGw" error-channel="errorObject"
              				 default-request-channel="requestObject"/>

<!-- Channels -->
              	<int:publish-subscribe-channel id="requestTcp"/>

<int-ip:tcp-connection-factory id="clientConnectionFactory" type="client" single-use="false" using-nio="true"/>

<!-- Outbound adapter - Send requests -->
              	<int-ip:tcp-outbound-channel-adapter channel="requestTcp" connection-factory="clientConnectionFactory" order="2"/>

<!-- Inbound adapter - Receive asynchronous replies -->
              	<int-ip:tcp-inbound-channel-adapter channel="responseTcp" connection-factory="clientConnectionFactory"/>

<!-- Use bridge to also send all requests to the aggregator where they will stay blocked,
              		 waiting for a response -->
              	<int:bridge input-channel="requestTcp" output-channel="toAggregator" order="1"/>

<!-- Aggregator matches incoming responses to the blocked requests and releases them -->
              	<int:aggregator input-channel="toAggregator" output-channel="aggregatedResponseObject"
              					expire-groups-upon-completion="true" release-strategy="customCorrelator"
              					correlation-strategy="customCorrelator"/>

<!-- Extract the second object - the response -->
              	<int:transformer input-channel="aggregatedResponseObject" expression="payload.get(1)"/>

<int:filter input-channel="errorObject" ref="connectionManager" method="filterException"
              				discard-channel="nonResponseException"/>

<!-- Handle any not yet handled exceptions -->
              	<int:transformer input-channel="nonResponseException" ref="connectionManager"
              					 method="handleException"/>
              It is based on the collaborative adapter example...

And here are the request / response processing chains :
              Code:
                            <int:chain input-channel="requestObject" output-channel="requestTcp">

<!-- populate some headers, so that we can use them during further transformation -->
              		<int:header-enricher>
              			<int:header name="messageId" ref="requestHeaderEnricher"
              						method="readIncrementedMessageId"/>
              		</int:header-enricher>

<!-- Convert request object into XML via JAXB -->
              		<int-xml:marshalling-transformer marshaller="jaxbMarshaller" result-type="StringResult"/>

<!-- Convert JAXB DOM into a string -->
              		<int:object-to-string-transformer/>

<!-- Transform XML string via XSLT - add a Message envelope -->
              		<int-xml:xslt-transformer xsl-resource="request.xsl" xslt-param-headers="messageId"/>

<!-- Add a binary message envelope -->
              		<int:transformer ref="binaryTransformer" method="marshall"/>
              	</int:chain>

<int:chain input-channel="responseTcp" output-channel="toAggregator">

<!-- Convert response object from byte array into a String -->
              		<int:transformer expression="new String(payload)"/>

<!-- Enrich some headers -->
              		<int-xml:xpath-header-enricher>
              			<int-xml:header name="messageId" evaluation-type="STRING_RESULT"
              							xpath-expression="Message/Header/@msgid"/>
              		</int-xml:xpath-header-enricher>

<!-- Transform XML string via XSLT - strip the Message envelope -->
              		<int-xml:xslt-transformer xsl-resource="response.xsl"/>

<!-- Convert response XML into objects via JAXB -->
              		<int-xml:unmarshalling-transformer unmarshaller="jaxbMarshaller"/>

<!-- Filter out incoming heartbeats/pings -->
              		<int:filter ref="connectionManager" method="filterPing"/>

<!-- Transform any errors into exceptions, and mark them as handled -->
              		<int:transformer ref="connectionManager" method="transformPotentialError"/>

</int:chain>
              Last edited by matt_koss; Jan 25th, 2013, 04:51 AM.

Comment

I am not sure why you had to post this 4 times - the first 3 went into "moderation" mode (I have now deleted them), but this one didn't need moderation for some reason; go figure.

Anyway - you have changed your error flow from what it was back in your post #12 (in which it looked correct - the errorObject channel connected to a transformer, and thence to the aggregator).

Now, your errorObject channel connects to a filter, which either returns the message to the gateway (it has no output-channel), or sends it to nonResponseException which is connected to a transformer which, again, has no output-channel, so its result goes back to the gateway.

Comment

By the way, we arrived at all this complexity in response to your question #12 - how to get the error message to the aggregator to release the group.

Rather than walking you though how to do what you asked, I should have offered you an alternative - that's simpler.

You can simply configure a MessageGroupStoreReaper to "clean up" the uncorrelated messages that are hanging in the aggregator waiting for a response that won't come because of the connection problem. In that case, you wouldn't need the "double gateway" technique to handle the error.

Comment

Yet another alternative would be to reverse the "order" attributes on the adapter/bridge. That way, the request won't go to the aggregator if the send over TCP fails. However, this would make the transformer after the aggregator more complicated - because it will have to deal with the condition that the reply might arrive at the aggregator before the request.

Finally, it's probably a good idea to configure a reaper, regardless of which solution you end up with - you could possibly still have a hanging request if the send was successful, but the server crashes before the reply is received.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Russell View Post
                      I am not sure why you had to post this 4 times - the first 3 went into "moderation" mode (I have now deleted them), but this one didn't need moderation for some reason; go figure.

Anyway - you have changed your error flow from what it was back in your post #12 (in which it looked correct - the errorObject channel connected to a transformer, and thence to the aggregator).

Now, your errorObject channel connects to a filter, which either returns the message to the gateway (it has no output-channel), or sends it to nonResponseException which is connected to a transformer which, again, has no output-channel, so its result goes back to the gateway.
                      I thought something went wrong with the sending
                      Didn't realize that you have a "moderation" mode... good to know now.

Comment

Yeah - we seem to have more posts that need approval these days - maybe some words trigger it, I don't know - I'll check with the admins.

Comment

Working...
                        X