Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawning a Data Access from a JMS Listener

Am new to Spring and have a question -
    I am having a Spring Asynchronous Listener, configured in my XML file which is listening to the messages coming on the MQ correctly.For each incoming and listened method, I need to insert that into a database and for which I have the Spring Hibernate integration done too. My Spring HiberNate ORM works fine when tested alone with the DAOs that I have written but not when spawned and called from the listener.
    My question is -
    1. Is it a good Idea to inject my DAO Instance into the Listener Class - The user defined Delegate one that has the listener method - see this below - ref="mailListener - This mailListener bean I meant to inject my DAO into -
    <bean id="mailListenerAdapter" class="org.springframework.jms.listener.adapter.Me ssageListenerAdapter"> <property name="delegate" ref="mailListener" /> <property name="defaultListenerMethod" value="displayMail" />
    </bean

2. How do I transaction manage it, it these programs are running from a simple Java standalone programs and not deployed on any of the App Servers.

Thanks for the help in advance and please let me know if I need elaborate my question.
Working...
X