X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Retry later' use-case for SFTP inbound adapter

I'd like to implement a business case, where files are downloaded from an SFTP server and forwarded as SI messages. Sometimes however some downstream components are not "ready" to accept and process the file because of some internal business reason. It is just a temporary state, so retry will go. But how should it be implemented with an SFTP adapter?
    Looking at the source I find that FileReadingMessageSource.onFailure(Message msg) could be used to put back the file for the next round. My problem is that sftp-adapter uses a AbstractInboundFileSynchronizingMessageSource, which does not expose its internal local FileReadingMessageSource. If it was exported then onFailure could be called.
    Hints, comments are welcomed!
    thx,
    Gábor

You may use delayer.

I was working with quite similar case: http://forum.springsource.org/showth...hannel-adapter

Comment

You can configure error-channel on the poller and add a subscriber to such error-channel that will resubmit the file to the processing component with some delay. And yes as it was suggested the delay could be accomplished with the regular delayer.

Comment

Many thanks for these suggestions, you both show me new ways effectively using SI!:-)

Comment

Working...
        X