X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadlocks in channels...

I have put a flow where a component keeps sending messages to a channel and a channel adaptor handler is consuming messages off the channel. My config looks like below:

Code:
       <channel id="myChannel">
       		<queue capacity="5000"/>
       </channel> 

<outbound-channel-adapter ref="handler" method="handle" channel="myChannel">
    	   <poller fixed-rate="100"/>
       </outbound-channel-adapter>

<bean id="handler" class="MyHandler"/>
    The sending component keep sending messages at regular intervals using the fragement below
    Code:
     myChannel.send(new GenericMessage<MyModel>(obj));
    And the receiving component processes the message inside the handle method.

This all seems to work 98% of the time. On rare occassions, the consumer is not receiving messages from the channel even though the producer is sending to it. I had some shutdown script which shows the queue size of the channel is not 0 at the time of shutdown, but the consumer simply can't consume them. Once I bounce the process and resend the messages, then the entire flow works again.

I was wondering if there are any known issues such as deadlocks etc that can occur when using the same channel to send and receive messages. There are no errors/exceptions reported in logs.

Thanks
    Last edited by webber; Apr 19th, 2011, 06:14 PM.

Are you still having this problem? I'd like to see some testcase to reproduce it; we can't rule out a deadlock problem in SI too soon.

Comment

Working...
    X