Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JdbcMessageStore & cluster

Hello, Mark and Oleg.

My question is:
    Is there any guarantee that JdbcMessageStore after reboot the application will give messages to channel on only one node in the cluster?
    I read the source code of MessageGroupQueue and saw the locks only in a single JVM.
    Or how should be implemented storeLock, that it could work for the entire cluster?

Thanks in advance.
    Artem

There is such a guarantee if your RDBMS server provides it. You need to use a transaction manager in the poller, and you need the tx attributes to specify a sufficiently high isolation (e.g. SERIALIZABLE).

Comment

Ok, Dave.
      Thank you
      I haven't got any free time for check it: I must include guarantee delivery for my message flow.
      I configured all as you described and also how it was described in manual.

But there isn't guarantee in MessageGroupQueue.poll() between getUnmarked() and messageGroupStore.removeMessageFromGroup that different DB-sessions don't read the same data in one moment.
      So, have I to describe different regions in JdbcMessageStore configuration for separate nodes of cluster?
      Why do not you use "SELECT ... FOR UPDATE" for lock rows for one transaction?

Artem

Comment

Hello.
        Dave, what about my questions?
        I realized my statement about "SELECT ... FOR UPDATE" is mistake.
        And now I've got another question:
        Why you read all messageGroup if you use only one in MessageGroupQueue.poll()?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X