Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MongoDB: Docs for Working with Collections and Annotations

Hi There,

I cant seem to find the docs for the supported (or to be supported) mapping annotations or a discussion of how I might work with a tree or list as part of a document.

For example, I'd like insert into an embedded array or move something from say position 5 to position 7 in the array, hopefully without reading and writing back the whole array, or maintaining an "orderby" field my self. I see mongo has support for push/pull/pop etc but i dont see an array insert or move and I am wondering if/how spring data might support insert/move on embedded lists/arrays.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Rogers; Apr 7th, 2011, 11:06 PM.

Originally posted by Dave Rogers View Post
    Hi There,

I cant seem to find the docs for the supported (or to be supported) mapping annotations or a discussion of how I might work with a tree or list as part of a document.
    The advanced mapping support is part of the upcoming M2 release. So the documentation will be there with the release.

For example, I'd like insert into an embedded array or move something from say position 5 to position 7 in the array, hopefully without reading and writing back the whole array, or maintaining an "orderby" field my self. I see mongo has support for push/pull/pop etc but i dont see an array insert or move and I am wondering if/how spring data might support insert/move on embedded lists/arrays.
    Currently we don't have support for that because we focus on entity/document updates for now. If you'd like to see support for scenarios like this, feel free to open up a JIRA .

Cheers,
    Ollie

Comment

Working...
    X