Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MongoDB Driver Morphia Merge and Spring Data

Hey There,

Looks like 10Gen has hired one of the Morphia devs and is working on moving a lot of Morphia functionally into the MongoDB Java driver. This could help out the spring data project as well as support for other JVM languages.

My question is.... Does this announcement affect the Spring Data Document Mongo roadmap? How?

Cheers,
    Dave

We're aware of the move, the 10Gen plan and maintain close contact to Scott and the 10Gen team. In the short term this won't affect our plans as we aim to provide a one-stop solution for MongoDB Java access. In the long term we will of course follow the development and probably integrate what the guys come up with essentially.

Cheers,
    Ollie

Comment

Hi,

In the short term it doesn't effect out roadmap. 10gen and SpringSource have a good working relationship. I had a long meeting with Scott Hernandez, Nosh Petigara (Director of Product Strategy), and Jared Rosoff (Director of Customer Engagement) to discuss what we were doing and to also start some discussion on areas where there could be common utility libraries shared between the two projects such as type conversion and metadata models. We chat pretty often as I live in NYC and also help to host the NYC MongoDB user group here in our office.

Some features of Spring'sMongo support, for example the 'automatic' repository implementation approach, cross-store persistence, exception translation, and query/update DSL, would quite likely remain as part of the Spring Mongo support even as the core driver advances to support more functionality.

Cheers,
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X