Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not alone in looking forward to such integration :-)

Comment

another interested user!

Comment

and one more

Comment

++1
          Def interested if there is an article on integrating Spring Roo with mongoDB

Comment

Just to give you a quick heads up on where we are regarding MongoDB (or rather general SpringData) and Roo integration. The feature is one of the big ones for Roo 1.2 and the Roo team is currently working on it supporting Spring Data JPA as a first step of a new layering feature in Roo. We're currently in close contact to workout the rough edges and already have in mind someone might want to switch from a JPA based model to a Mongo based one. Although I doubt MongoDB support will make it into the upcoming 1.2 release it's not a question of if but rather of when .

Feel free to open up a ticket in the Roo JIRA to help the Roo team to collect votes to measure the interest in this feature.

Comment

SpringRoo and MongoDB integration commands Example

Just Spring Roo + Mongo Db working fine

commands
              1)project --topLevelPackage com.tue3
              2) mongo setup --databaseName pizzadb
              3) open applicationContext-mongo.xml then change dbName={mongo.database} into dbname={mongo.name}
              4) entiry mongo --class ~.domain.Person --testAutomatically
              5)field string --fieldName name --notNull
              6) repository mongo --interface ~.repository.PersonRepository --entity ~.domain.Person
              7)web mvc setup
              8) web mvc scaffold --class ~.domain.PersonController
              9)perform package
              10)mvn tomcat:run

Thanks
              Ramesh

Comment

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/li...oo7/index.html

Comment

I am following that same tutorial, step by step, but I can't run the application on localhost, I get an error 500 when I do the change to mongo.name. Any idea what might be the problem??

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco Cuadra View Post
                    I am following that same tutorial, step by step, but I can't run the application on localhost, I get an error 500 when I do the change to mongo.name. Any idea what might be the problem??
                    Maybe Spring team already corrected this bug - I'm not sure about your environment and tools. You can see the correct variable name in the database.properties file. To complete the IBM tuturial mentioned above, I used STS 2.9.2, Ubuntu 12.04, MongoDB locally installed.

Comment

Originally posted by golfp-96 View Post
                      Maybe Spring team already corrected this bug - I'm not sure about your environment and tools. You can see the correct variable name in the database.properties file. To complete the IBM tuturial mentioned above, I used STS 2.9.2, Ubuntu 12.04, MongoDB locally installed.
                      STS 3.1.0, Windows 7, Mongodb locally installed.

The dbproperties file says the variable is mongo.name.

Comment

The problem may relate to the bug in STS. Roo projects doesn't work when created within STS. You should use 2.9.2 or 3.2.0M2, or create the project in cmd mode, without STS.

Comment

Working...
                        X