Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly does "doesn't work" mean?

Comment

As you can see in this Thread (including a JUnit TestCase etc.)

http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=106587

the data is simply not deleted.

Im using MongoDB 1.8 on Ubuntu with spring-data-mongo M1

No Exceptions are thrown and no error is logged

Comment

The implementation you suggest is the expected one: "It will transliterate the empId property to _id"

Comment

Hi,

Just to provide a bit more context, the M1 release contained the 'SimpleMongoConverter' and relies on naming conventions to determine what would be used as the ID field. To keep that converter 'simple' there isn't any use of mapping metadata.

The M2 release now contains a MappingMongoConverter and is intended to provide support for all "not simple" mapping functionality. The docs for that are available here.

Thanks for posting your original article, I posted a reference to it on the Spring Data Mongo home page, and look forward to an updated version.

Cheers,
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pollack View Post
            Hi,

Just to provide a bit more context, the M1 release contained the 'SimpleMongoConverter' and relies on naming conventions to determine what would be used as the ID field. To keep that converter 'simple' there isn't any use of mapping metadata.

The M2 release now contains a MappingMongoConverter and is intended to provide support for all "not simple" mapping functionality. The docs for that are available here.

Thanks for posting your original article, I posted a reference to it on the Spring Data Mongo home page, and look forward to an updated version.

Cheers,
            Mark
            Mark, thanks for the response. I was really planning to update my guide. I've just finished uploading it now. See it here:

Spring Data - MongoDB (Revision for 1.0.0.M2)
            http://krams915.blogspot.com/2011/04...for-100m2.html

Comment

> The real problem starts when you try to update and remove the item by "id". But the fundamental question is why the discrepancy between the two implementations?
              When you try to update a record in an entity with a field of name 'id' in release 1.1.4 you get an internal error which tells you nothing about this cause (see attached screen). At least the error handling should therefore have been improved in this JIRA:
              https://jira.springsource.org/browse/DATADOC-44

Comment

what does this have to with spring roo? You are not using mongodb on top of it

Comment

Working...
                X