Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Data Graph - Neo4j Support 1.0.0.M1 Released

Dear Spring Community,

I am pleased to announce that the very first milestone release of the Spring Data Graph 1.0 project with Neo4j support is now available!
    The primary goal of the <b>Spring Data</B> project is to make it easier to build Spring-powered applications that use new data access technologies such as non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud based data services.
    The Graph Neo4j module provides integration with the Neo4j graph database.

Downloads | JavaDocs | Reference Documentation | Changelog

To learn more about the project, visit the Spring Data Homepage.

The features in Spring Data Graph 1.0.0 M1 include:
    • Simplified annotation driven programming model for Neo4j applications
    • Strategy to handle representation of java types in the graph
    • AspectJ ITD backed field mapping for plain Java objects
    • Annotations for graph persistence
    • Support for building traversal descriptions
    • Support for cross-store persistence including basic transaction support
    • Abstract configuration class

Looking forward to your feedback on the forum or in the issue tracker.

Licence of Spring Data Graph Neo4j

Hi,

Neo4j uses the AGPL licence. This is a problem in every of my projects yet, because i don't have the rights to publish the whole sourcecode i used. How is the licence Model of Spring Data Graph?

MongoDB eg is licensed the driver under a different licence then AGPL.
    http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Licensing

Thanks and Greets

Meleagros

Comment

DATAGRAPH is licensed under the Apache 2 license as are all the other spring projects. So no needs to worry there.

Regarding Neo4j and AGPL:
      AGPL kicks in as soon as you commercialize your product build on top of Neo4j and outside users access it.

If you just try it out or develop on top of it or run an internal application, its fine. If you open source your code under an appropriate license your'e fine too.

For small installations there are also free licenses of Neo4j available, just
      contact Neo Technology for that.

see here: http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/FAQ#License_Questions

Comment

Problem with neo4j

Hi Guys,

I was experimenting with neo4j for some time now and am excited about neo4j presence in spring data. I was trying to see how springdata-neo4j fits into one of my products. I failed to use it properly. Then I tried to see whether the spring-data neo4j examples work fine. They worked fine but failed with my modification. Let me tell you what was my modification. In the WorldRepositoryTest.java, I added another test Method like this

@Test
        public void criticalTest() {
        assertNotNull(galaxy);
        assertFalse(0 == galaxy.countWorlds());
        }

and expected the the worlds created elsewhere in other method should be available here too. Even with clearDatabase() method commented out I always get this test failing. In real world we need the NodeEntity (worlds are node entities) to be persisted and available. How do I get that? Am I missing something here? How do I persist a NodeEntity, I am surely not talking about JPA persistence in this context. Please help.

Chiradip Mandal

Comment

Hi,

the spring testrunner rolls back the transaction after each test thereby removing the added data.

just do your test it within one test method.

The cleanup upfront exists because some of the tests do their own transaction management and leave a residue in the store.

Michael

Comment

Where did you fail to use DATAGRAPH properly (regardless of the tests). Perhaps we can improve the getting started docs to make that easier.

Thanks

Michael

Comment

Working...
            X