Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Neo4j 2.0 lables in Spring Data Neo4j

Hello,

I'm about to port a project I'm developing to neo4j (from mongodb) and I'm really excited about labels in 2.0 . Is there already support for them in Spring Data Neo4j? (even in snapshot would be ok) If not, do you have any idea on the timing for it or an suggestion on how to start using them even without builtin support?

Thanks

Hi,

we are currently planning that and will start the work on it very soon.

It will be a bit tricky to support both 1.9 and 2.0 in the same SDN version but we'll see.

As a start we have to see how we need to update the dependencies to fit 2.0 and the second task is to write Label based TypeRepresentationStrategies both for Node- and RelationshipEntities, and add indexing support there. Then the next step is enabling the generated cypher queries from the repository methods to work with 2.0, labels and indexes.

Comment

Thanks for your answer Michael, looking forward to work with it

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelHunger View Post

As a start we have to see how we need to update the dependencies to fit 2.0 and the second task is to write Label based TypeRepresentationStrategies both for Node- and RelationshipEntities, and add indexing support there. Then the next step is enabling the generated cypher queries from the repository methods to work with 2.0, labels and indexes.
        Any advantage in reversing the order of priorities so that Labels are supported last? Would be great to be working with SDN on NEO4j2 to take advantage of cypher enhancements even if SDN is a little behind on the strategy functionality.

Comment

I want to start looking into that this week

Comment

Working...
          X