X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-data-solr and multicores solr

I have a project, a sort of ETL engine using spring-data-solr, collecting data from many sources and putting them in a solr instance. Initially there was just one core and I had no problem integrating solr.
    Now the customer wants to manage a multicore solr intance and my engine should handle updtates to different cores at the same time. Looking at the spring-data-solr documentation and source code I have found no clues about how to do it: the only way comes to my mind is to use a different url for each core when creating the solrserver instance with spring, but it is not enough for me, since I do not know nothing about existing cores at compile time (it is an information retrieved at runtime). Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Thank you.
    M@rco

Hi Marco,
    at this time you'll have to create one SolrServer/SolrTemplate instance for each core.
    But you're right it would definetly be usefull to collect core information at startup and then create the according instances.

I created DATASOLR-72 - so you may have a look at it and provide some input if you like.

Cheers, Christoph

Comment

Hi Cristoph,

Thank you for your answer.
      My preblem is a little more complex from my side. Basically I don't know at configuration time which cores are available because it is a parameter passed by other components in the chain. Cores can change dinamically (the admin can add or remove them at runtime) and it would be good to have them passed as a parameter to the repository's methods or as an attribute in solr documents. I updated DATASOLR-72.

Regards,
      M@rco

Comment

Working...
      X