Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mongo-template-ref in repository element?

Hi,

I'm using version 3.1.2.RELEASE of Spring.

I would like to be able to specify the template bean that backs my repository bean, using the Spring MongoDB data library.

http://michaelbarnesjr.wordpress.com...ng-data-mongo/ seems to suggest that you may have a mongo-template-ref parameter as an attribute of a repository element (nested inside of a repositories element) in the application context xml. However, when I try this, I get an exception when trying to instantiate the bean saying that the "mongoTemplate" bean cannot be found-- even though I actually specified a different MongoTemplate bean to use.

In case it is relevant, my MongoTemplate bean is specified in terms of a FactoryBean.

I notice that if I have the mongo-template-ref attribute in the repositories element instead, then things seem to work, but this won't be as convenient when I have more than one repository.

My MongoTemplate bean is specified as:
    Code:
    <bean id="jobMongoTemplate"
          class="[...].MongoOperationsFactoryBean">
        <constructor-arg name="mongoManager" ref="developmentMongoManager" />
        <constructor-arg name="dbName" value="Jobs" />
      </bean>
    My repositories element, with the mongo-template-ref attribute on the repository element is:
    Code:
      <mongo:repositories base-package="[...].repositories">
        <mongo:repository id="jobRepository" mongo-template-ref="mongoTemplate"/>
      </mongo:repositories>
    JobRepository is the only interface that exists in the specified repositories package.

Can the mongo-template-ref attribute in fact be used in the repository element... or does it only work in the repositories element? Is there a possible complication from using a FactoryBean to produce the MongoTemplate bean?

Thank you.

The <repository /> element was removed in Spring Data MongoDB 1.2.0. The workaround is to use two <repositories /> elements with dedicated include/exclude filters and set the mongo-template-ref attribute on the repositories element.

Comment

Working...
    X