Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Getting errors using constants in @RelatedTo etc. Using Groovy Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting errors using constants in @RelatedTo etc. Using Groovy

So in a class I have some constants

public static Final String A_CONSTANT="hello"

I am using this constant in my mapping

But I get these errors

Groovyc: expected 'FAVORITE_TABLES' to be an inline constant of type java.lang.String not a field expression in @org.springframework.data.neo4j.annotation.Related To
    Groovyc: Attribute 'type' should have type 'java.lang.String'; but found type 'java.lang.Object' in @org.springframework.data.neo4j.annotation.Related To
    Groovyc: expected 'FAVORITE_VIDEOS' to be an inline constant of type java.lang.String not a field expression in @org.springframework.data.neo4j.annotation.Related To

Partial of my Account entity code

Code:
    @Entity
    @NodeEntity(partial = true)
    class Account implements UserDetails {

public static final String FAVORITE_TABLES = "FAVORITE_TABLES"
      public static final String FAVORITE_VIDEOS = "FAVORITE_VIDEOS"
    As you can see they are constants.

The big difference that might cause this is that my classes are all written with Groovy. So I think that makes it not work. Is there some way to fix this, or do I have to convert all my domain objects to Java instead of Groovy

Thanks

Mark

Hmm that is more a Groovy/Java interop question? Does casting them to a string help?

Comment

Odd, I thought I replied to this thread with the solution.

Basically, to access them as constants I had to prefix it with the class name regardless of if I used them inside the same class they were declared.

So I had to use Account.FAVORITE_TABLES

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X