X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redis 2.6 script support

Is there a timeline on the Redis 2.6 script support?

Is there a SNAPSHOT with the functionality available in a Maven Repo?

Not really - none of the Java Redis drivers have added support for Redis 2.6 which makes it impossible for us to support it. The alternative would be for us to provide our own driver but that is not something we are currently considering.
    Once the drivers start supporting Redis 2.6, so will we.

Comment

Is it possible we're talking about different functionality?

I'm using Spring Data Redis 1.0.2.RELEASE which uses Jedis 2.1.0. I need to step out of the Spring Data abstractions and get a reference to the underlying Jedis connection to use the Redis script-related APIs made available by Jedis (loadScript, eval, evalsha etc).

It works well but I was wondering when Spring Data Redis will provide the Redis script-related APIs so this isn't necessary.

Comment

I see what you mean - scripting still falls under Redis 2.6 functionality. Two drivers have some support for it so potentially however they haven't been updated to the rest of the Redis 2.6 features.
        By the way, there's a branch of Spring Data Redis 2.6 that you might want to try:
        https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...tree/redis-2.6

Anyway w/o a proper release for Redis 2.6 from the underlying drivers there's not much we can do and I'd rather delay the release until that happens ...

Comment

Working...
        X