Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
mongodb: hard-coded mapping from 'id' to '_id' not appropriate in my case Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mongodb: hard-coded mapping from 'id' to '_id' not appropriate in my case

Spring data mongodb appears to force a property called 'id' to map to mongodb '_id'. Unfortunately, this is not the behaviour I need. I cannot rename my property. I want to keep my existing property 'id' as a field and introduce a new property 'docId' to map to mongodb '_id'. This is necessary to maintain compatibility with an existing hyperjaxb3-generated domain model that is also persisted to a relational database via hibernate.

The relevant lines of code from 1.1.0.RELEASE that affect me are...

QueryMapper.java:47
    Code:
    private static final List<String> DEFAULT_ID_NAMES = Arrays.asList("id", "_id");
    BasicMongoPersistentProperty.java:53
    Code:
    SUPPORTED_ID_PROPERTY_NAMES.add("id");
    There does not seem to be a way for me to injected or customise the behaviour I need. However, if I override the classes in my project and edit the above lines to exclude 'id', then everything works as I need it to. I then extend AbstractMongoEventListener onAfterConvert/onBeforeSave to map as I need. Using the listener allows me to keep using the existing deep mapping in MappingMongoConverter.

Is there a more elegant solution?

Shall I raise an improvement JIRA or does one already exist (a quick search found nothing)?

Hello again... any opinion from anyone who own the source code I quote above..?

Comment

According to the reference docs you can use the @Id annotation on any property to let that one become the id property.

Comment

org.springframework.data.annotation.Id? Yes, I tried this. It results in the error below...

Caused by: org.springframework.data.mapping.model.MappingExce ption: Attempt to add id property protected java.lang.Long com.domain.object.id but already have property protected java.lang.Long com.domain.object.docId registered as id. Check your mapping configuration!

Note that I must maintain compatibility with the existing JPA annotations, which have a javax.persistence.Id annotation.

Comment

Any more advice..?

I would rather not override your classes, as I believe I have to do now.

Comment

Working...
          X