• Show
Clear All

• Start item=node(*) doesn't seem to work in SDN

Code:
    @Query("START item=node(*) " +
                "return item " +
                "where item.description =~ /.*{0}.*/")
    public Page<Item> search(String description, Pageable page);
    So I am still trying to get my "like" query to work and unfortunately had to see if I could figure out regex in a where clause. Anyway, looking at the Neo4J Cypher query language documentation, they had in the start portion that you could do

"START n=node(*)
    RETURN n"

Because you don't have an id for the start node, because there isn't one.

But when I try that in SDN I get

Code:
    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [eventgate] in context with path [] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: Error executing statement START item=node(*) return item where item.description =~ /.*{0}.*/ skip 0 limit 100; nested exception is org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: Error executing statement START item=node(*) return item where item.description =~ /.*{0}.*/ skip 0 limit 100; nested exception is expected graph entity id
    "START item=node(*) return item where item.description =~ /.*{0}.*/ skip 0 limit 100"
                     ^] with root cause
    expected graph entity id
    "START item=node(*) return item where item.description =~ /.*{0}.*/ skip 0 limit 100"
    Saying that it requires an id. (*) has to be supported. And yes, I could try to make this an index query with the description in the START portion, but I have tried it before that way and still couldn't get that to work either.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Which version of neo are you using? The node(*) was introduced somewhere in 1.7 I think.

Also your Regexp won't work, you have to provide the whole regexp (without the slashes) as parameter string.

Comment

<neo4j.version>1.7.2</neo4j.version>
      <spring-data-neo4j.version>2.1.0.RC1</spring-data-neo4j.version>
      <spring-data-commons.version>1.3.1.RELEASE</spring-data-commons.version>

My vars in my pom file.

And disregard the regex. I tried without it. I actually hate regex and avoid it all the time. It was just another try at something because the (*).

Meanwhile, I have another solution that seems to be working for this query. I had to keep fiddling with the index and finally got Lucene to do it right.

Thanks Michael

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X