X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting my Web app and Neo4J

So, I am looking for web hosting that I can deploy my application with Neo4J.

Beside Heroku, where else does hosting that I can have my app, when first deployed, create the Neo4J Database. I am using embedded. Since my website will never have that many people using it, I don't want to spend a lot of money. like maybe $10-15 a month max. I don't need much, just Tomcat and the ability to have a Neo4J database.

I think Heroku will really add up and be expensive. I definitely do not understand their model. It looks like the minimum price is $35 a month, and a little to high for me.

Thanks for you help

Mark

The minimum price for Heroku is $0 (one dyno) the free Neo4j Addon Plan will stay there for small instances,
    if you want to go embedded it might be interesting to check out redhat openshift as they offer a persistent data dir inside your application directory structure.

See: http://tomasmuller.com.br/2012/03/29...enshift-cloud/

HTH

Michael

Comment

Thanks, looks like I'll be talking to my ex co-workers at Red Hat.

For some reason the Heruko Neo4J plugin cannot be added. Said the plugin is in public beta, and in the plugin about the button for add is disabled and says "Test is coming soon"

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, looks like I'll be talking to my ex co-workers at Red Hat.

For some reason the Heruko Neo4J plugin cannot be added. Said the plugin is in public beta, and in the plugin about the button for add is disabled and says "Test is coming soon"

Thanks

Comment

You cannot add it via the website but via the heroku commandline gem.

heroku addons:add neo4j

Cheers

Michael

Comment

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X