Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But that isn't pagination. Pagination requires, to me, knowing total number of records. therefore total number of pages, next page and previous page.

With the +1 solution you only get next page and you can figure out previous page. But not the number of pages, number of records, which some, if not many truly need. The contract of pagination in Spring Data Common is all that I just mentioned.

So +1 wouldn't be fulfilling the contract. Now what we have doesn't fulfill the contract either, but all or nothing I guess.

It actually would be cool if there was a property in Pagination that you could set with an enum value that would be no information, +1 information, or an extra query to get all the paging info in 2 queries.

Mark

Comment

Well, I would vote for having at least something rather then nothing. Plus, this something would be almost at no additional cost. I don't really understand why Spring data for Neo4j declare that pagination is supported, when in fact, although you can define methods on repository interface which return Page, you don't even know if there is a next page or not. I think it would be nice if you would be able to develop at least webpages with next and previous buttons without having to run additinal queries to get total counts...

Radim

Comment

Working...
      X