X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Account Data & Neo4J

After some study, I have an impression that user account data needs to be stored in a SQL db in a Neo4j environment.
    The myrestaurants-social sample show this approach. Is the reason of Spring Security only applicable for SQL db?

Nope, not at all, in my app all my user account data is stored in Neo4J. Spring Security would use an SQL DB for ACL, if you want to go that deep. But all the other parts of Spring Security doesn't require any database. Or are you just talking about in Spring Security they only have implementations of UserDetailsService for in memory/properties files, JDBC, and LDAP. For my app, I did have to create my own UserDetailsService to talk to Neo4J, but that was really easy to do, and if you look at the Cineasts sample app also written n the docs, you will see they did just that. And to be honest I copied and pasted that code from Cineasts for my app.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Comment

No myrestaurants-social ist just an example of how to integrate an existing relational database and neo4j.

Comment

Working...
      X