In the docs it says I just need to add

Code:
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.neo4j</groupId>
        <artifactId>neo4j-spatial</artifactId>
        <version>${neo4j-spatial.version}</version>
    </dependency>
    Where ${neo4j-spatial.version} = 0.7-SNAPSHOT

However, that doesn't seem to download the jar.

So there must be something missing, like a special Maven Repository tag that points to the repo with that jar in it.

Thanks

Mark

Right the maven repository layout changed since adding the information.

There is a released version of 0.7 now in m2.neo4j.org/releases

Comment

Yeah, I saw that and the first value I had for version was "0.7" and got the same error, then I tried "0.7-SNAPSHOT" and also got the error.

Did the groupId or artifactId change? What is the <repository> tag needed, let me also check to see that I have that correct. I would think it would be the repository as I am getting neo4j 1.5

Thanks

Mark

Comment

0.7 was released meanwhile and also the repository url changed - m2.neo4j.org was removed (already unused for a while as I was told).

here are the repositories for neo4j

Code:
                <repository>
                    <id>neo4j-public-snapshot-repository</id>
                    <name>Neo4J Public Snapshot Repository</name>
                    <url>http://m2.neo4j.org/snapshots</url>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                    </snapshots>
                </repository>
                <repository>
                    <id>neo4j-public-release-repository</id>
                    <name>Neo4J Public Release Repository</name>
                    <url>http://m2.neo4j.org/releases</url>
                </repository>

Comment

Thanks that repo worked for me, and I got a bleep amount of stuff downloaded with it. Lots of dependencies. I mean my m2 local repo must take over 50% of my computer's hard drive space.

Mark

Comment

Hmm, now I am getting

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.vividsolutions.jts.io.ParseException

I think I recall seeing vividsolutions being one of the many dependencies that are downloaded with the spatial library. Is there a dependency discrepancy or version conflict on dependant jars with Neo4J 1.5 and Spatial 0.7 ?

There is a slight possibility it is related to why my server keeps crashing with a StackOverflow exception too.

Or all could be unrelated to Spatial, but when it comes to classes and having them or not, the only change I have made with classes is the adding of spatial to my pom file.

I will try to remove it and post results.

Mark

Comment

Yep, once I removed the dependency, delete my database, since there was an index created based on Spatial SPACE, I was able to run things without the ParseException. Although it had no affect on my StackOverflow "Invalid access of stack red zone 0x10f9cf0c0 rip=0x10c5a8b87". But that is another issue for a different thread.

Maybe I should bump up the database to 1.6 release? Does 1.6 depend on Spatial 0.7 RELEASE?

The main issue, is I don't want to have a dependency on a SNAPSHOT. There shouldn't be dependencies between a RELEASE version of something to a SNAPSHOT of something else. RELEASES should always depend on other RELEASE versions, and SNAPSHOTs can have dependency on SNAPSHOTs and RELEASE versions.

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Working...
              X