Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Neo4j - Possible bug using Cross store support and remote server (REST) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neo4j - Possible bug using Cross store support and remote server (REST)

I just find what I consider a bug on the Cross store support of spring-data-neo4j.

I've noticed different behaviors on class org.springframework.data.neo4j.cross_store.support .node.CrossStoreNodeEntityInstantiator regarding the state synchronization between the graph and the relational database.

Code:
        public <T> T createEntityFromState(Node n, Class<T> entityClass, final MappingPolicy mappingPolicy) {
            if (n.hasProperty(CrossStoreNodeEntityState.FOREIGN_ID)) {
                final Object foreignId = n.getProperty(CrossStoreNodeEntityState.FOREIGN_ID);
                final T result = entityManager().find(entityClass, foreignId);
                ((NodeBacked)result).setPersistentState(n);
                return result;
            }
            return delegate.createEntityFromState(n, entityClass, mappingPolicy);
        }
    When n is an instance of RestNode (that means your're using a remote REST Neo4j server) the n.getProperty(CrossStoreNodeEntityState.FOREIGN_ID ) returns a java.lang.Integer. When using a local database, it returns java.lang.Long. Since my id is a Long (and the spring-data-neo4j docs tells that it should be Long indeed), Hibernate (my JPA provider) throws an exception on find telling me that an id of the wrong type was provided:

Code:
    org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageException: Provided id of the wrong type for class [MY_CLASS]. Expected: class java.lang.Long, got class java.lang.Integer; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Provided id of the wrong type for class [MY_CLASS]. Expected: class java.lang.Long, got class java.lang.Integer
    	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryUtils.convertJpaAccessExceptionIfPossible(EntityManagerFactoryUtils.java:296)
    	at org.springframework.orm.jpa.aspectj.JpaExceptionTranslatorAspect.ajc$afterThrowing$org_springframework_orm_jpa_aspectj_JpaExceptionTranslatorAspect$1$18a1ac9(JpaExceptionTranslatorAspect.aj:15)
    	at org.springframework.data.neo4j.cross_store.support.node.CrossStoreNodeEntityInstantiator.createEntityFromState(CrossStoreNodeEntityInstantiator.java:59)
    	at org.springframework.data.neo4j.cross_store.support.node.CrossStoreNodeEntityInstantiator.createEntityFromState(CrossStoreNodeEntityInstantiator.java:1)
    I'm not sure if RestNode should return an Integer, but even if it should, spring-data-neo4j should convert it since it tells you to use Long ids.
    I'm using a local database for now, but I'll need a remote server soon, so any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

My setup:
    spring-framework 3.0.7.RELEASE (several modules)
    spring-data-neo4j 2.0.0.RELEASE (with cross-store support)
    hibernate-core-3.6.9.GA
    neo4j-1.6 (when using server, the server if the same version as the client libraries)

Exception occurs both on junit 4.9 and Tomcat 6.

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel,

thanks for pointing this out. As of now Cross-Store and REST-Server have not been used and tested together. Could you please file an JIRA issue for that.

Otherwise, would it be possible for you to share your project (or a simplified version) as a test-project with us? Thanks a lot.

Michael

Comment

Working...
    X