X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cineasts: NoClassDefFoundError

I am exploring neo4j/Spring-Data-neo4j. I pulled down the lastest code from github (https://github.com/SpringSource/spring-data-neo4j.git) to try and walk through the Good Relationships guide book.

I am using STS as my IDE and the head build from github doesn't install and run without some minor modifications to the the POM. Namely, maven doesn't seem to like the 2.1.0.BUILD-SNAPSHOT reference in the spring-data-graph.version property.

If I modify this value to 2.0.0.RELEASE the project will install, but when I try to run it I get >> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/neo4j/kernel/EmbeddedGraphDatabase.

I am wondering if I am missing a step in the setup -- I guess I was expecting the code to install and run without modification. Thanks for any help!

I had the same issue with Eclipse + m2e + m2e-wtp + Tomcat.
    The neo4j-kernel JAR did not get copied to the Tomcat work area. Instead, the Maven dependencies of the Eclipse project listed a suspicious org.neo4j.neo4j-kernel.jar unter cineasts/target.

This disappeared after deleting the neo4j-kernel:test-jar dependency from the POM. Smells like an m2e/m2e-wtp bug, but I didn't dig any deeper.

Regards,
    Harald

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, m2e seems to have some issues (esp in STS 2.8.x) anyway

Wondering if and where one should put that in the docs?

Interesting how one gets the neo4j-kernel:test:jar then into the project to use it in testing (ImpermanentGraphDatabase).

Michael

Comment

Working...
      X