Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why distribute proprietary GPL code for neo4j with spring?

What if you want to write your own integration with a different quad store. It seems like the spring integration all the way up to the top level of org.springframework.data.neo4j.aspects.support.nod e.Neo4jNodeBacking in spring-data-neo4j-aspects is tied to neo4j.

I assume that's why name was changed from Spring Data Graph.

That's not the normal spring way of doing things where you can plug in your own implementation. So this solution requires some significant vendor tie in to a vendor with a GPL license..

That's not something I think forwards the spring cause. If there is a proprietary stack like this why doesn't neo4j simply host the code and the spring integration? Am I missing something? I don't see hear how spring acts as an integration layer.

As such I do think we need to create a separate Spring Data Graph project which will allow spring to talk to many different datagraph implementations verses just the one. No?

"If there is a proprietary stack like this " - as far as I have understood neo4j (basic version) has very free license (GPL)? There is commercial activities in neo4j project as always in any successful GPL project. Choice of name normally tells something about intentions, so I assume that this "Spring Data Graph" package wants to evolve toward multi-graph support?

I agree it's time to ask that question.

Comment

Use Rdf2Go as integration layer instead

I suggest Spring data graph be based of Rdf2Go (BSD license) located here: http://semanticweb.org/wiki/RDF2Go

Then neo4j can write an Rdf2Go adapter for neo4j and anyone else can do the same.

Comment

Working...
      X