X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cypher Collaborative Filtering extention

I am trying to extent a simple collaborative filtering process to include returning only recommendations of items that contain a given set of category tags.

i.e. find me all films that are tagged with both comedy and horror.

Is this type of graph traversal possible becasue it would require a split in the path?

Could I user the All function to find the set of category tags and find if each one is connected to the item?

Hi there,

Yes, that's very possible. If you're tags are nodes (they probably should), it could look like this:

START comedyTag=node(...), horrorTag=node(...)
    MATCH comedyTag<--movie-->horrorTag
    RETURN movie

Does that answer your question?

Andrés

Comment

I am thinking more along the lines of something of a more general case, a bit like:

START tags=node(y1,y2,y3)
      MATCH ALL(tags <-- movie )
      RETURN movie

So rather then explicitly define a set of relations for each category tag, and therefore have to rebuild the query for each tag set, provide a general case similar to the java collections containsAll(..) method.

Thanks,
      C.

Comment

Originally posted by c-fly View Post
        I am thinking more along the lines of something of a more general case, a bit like:

START tags=node(y1,y2,y3)
        MATCH ALL(tags <-- movie )
        RETURN movie

So rather then explicitly define a set of relations for each category tag, and therefore have to rebuild the query for each tag set, provide a general case similar to the java collections containsAll(..) method.

Thanks,
        C.
        That's a terrific idea. I can definitely see it's use.

Unfortunately, Cypher doesn't support this today. I think this feature is interesting enough that we'll discuss it for inclusion in future versions.

Thanks so much for your feedback,

Andrés

Comment

Working...
        X