Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neo4j: findAllByMultipleQueries / AbstractGraphRepository

Hi all,

I would like to search starter nodes by matching multiple keys using the NamedIndexRepository.

I already found out that extending one of the two AbstractGraphRepository subclasses (NodeGraphRepository ins this case) and using/extending the method findAllByQuery as a starting point might be the right way:

public class MySuperNodeGraphRepository<T extends NodeBacked> extends NodeGraphRepository<Node, T> implements GraphRepository<T>

So far so good.

So lets now say somewhere a defined public interface XYZRepository extends GraphRepository<XYZ> is @Autowired.

How do I manage it that my own MySuperNodeGraphRepository gets autowired and not the NodeGraphRepository.

In case my approach was completely wrong, how can I extend or use soem kind of repository to find nodes by matching multiple keys?

Thanks

in general you can use for this findAllByMultipleQueries method just:

repo.findAllByQuery("prop:value OR prop2:value2 OR ..);

it is the lucene query syntax: http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_4_0/...sersyntax.html

for your own implementations you would add a separate interface

interface MyRepository {
    void myMethod(...);
    }
    and put a
    class MyRepositoryImpl implements MyRepository {
    public void myMethod(...) {}
    }

besides it
    then in the graph-repository you would just do:

interface XYZRepository extends GraphRepository<XYZ>, MyRepository<XYZ> {
    }

That's it for custom methods. If I didn't misunderstand you

See also here:
    http://static.springsource.org/sprin...mplementations

Cheers

Michael

Comment

Interface stuff understood, thanks.

But I cant find repo.findAllByQuery(singleParam method in any of the repos at:

https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...o4j/repository

All find methods finally result in Neo4jTemplate.getIndex(Class<?> indexedType, String propertyName /*it is always a single propertyName*/)

I could call repo.findAllByQuery(null, myLuceneQuery) but that seems a bit hackish to me?

Next question would be, what about named parameters for the lucene query? Or could I use native lucene Query Objects somehow?

Sorry, but there are a lot of question marks flying around my head

Comment

No worries

I meant the: repo.findAllByQuery(null, "lucene query syntax string or query object in here")
        the find methods don't necessarily need the field name, you're right I should put the non-property method in there too.

Can you add a JIRA issue for this? http://spring.neo4j.org/issues

Let the questions keep coming.

Thanks

Michael

Comment

Hi again

Head spinning, more questions follow:

So I created:

public interface XYZRepositoryAddons {just @Query methods}

public interface SimpleDao<T, PK extends Serializable> {/*i need this for smooth transition of worker classes that don't care how something is being stored as long as they can use this interface*/}

public class DaoNodeGraphRepositoryImpl<T> implements SimpleDao<T, Long> {
          @Autowired private GraphRepository<T> graphRepository; /*graph based dao impl using graphRepository, no @Query addon support*/}

public interface XYZRepository extends GraphRepository<XYZ>, NamedIndexRepository<XYZ>, SimpleDao<XYZ, Long>, XYZRepositoryAddons {/*all worker classes (old jpa transition and neo4j only ones) can use this interface*/}

Now what happens: org.springframework.data.repository.core.support.D efaultRepositoryInformation.getQueryMethods() calls isCustomMethod() on methods defined in SimpleDao, customImplementationClass is null (no idea what that means), so it returns false, leading to all methods from SimpleDao being added as QueryMethods.

I don't know if thats the root of the following evel, just what i think is.

Anyway, later on i get a java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No property find found for type class mypkg.model.nodes.XYZ.

find is a method of SimpleDao and of course there is no property find in pkg.model.nodes.XYZ.

Big question? What happened?

Any help appreciated
          Last edited by Xnyle; Nov 8th, 2011, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Can you post this as a minimal sample project, either as github repo, zipfile or dropbox download?

So it would be easier to follow. Please create a JIRA issue for it too.

Thanks

Comment

@ https://jira.springsource.org/browse/DATAGRAPH-130

Comment

Sorry, I messed it up. Talked with Oliver and he clarified that the custom implementation (currently) has to be named like the concrete repository interface.

so:
                Code:
                public interface CustomMovieRepository {
                  @Transactional void doSomething(Movie movie);
                }
                public interface MovieRepository extends GraphRepository<Movie>, CustomMovieRepository {}
                public class MovieRepositoryImpl implements CustomMovieRepository {
                   @Override public void doSomething(Movie movie) {
                       // do stuff
                   }
                }
                I also added a separate test for it, and it works fine. Please try and report back.

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Hi Michael,

don't know if I got it right, I changed the custom implementation name to DaoNodeGraphRepositoryImpl, the corresponding newly created interface is now called DaoNodeGraphRepository and extends SimpleDao.

Still no luck, same error.

Could you please take a look at

https://jira.springsource.org/secure...6/n4jtest4.zip

Thanks

Comment

I just added the repository section to your pom and all built fine:

Code:
                        <repositories>
                            <repository>
                                <id>repository.springframework.maven.milestone</id>
                                <name>Spring Framework Maven Milestone Repository</name>
                                <url>http://maven.springframework.org/milestone</url>
                            </repository>
                        </repositories>

Comment

Sorry , my local archiva resolved that for me.

Anyway, adding it to the pom.xml didn't change anything.

The problem is not the build, but running it, try mvn exec:java:

Error creating bean with name 'worldRepository': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No property flush found for type class test.World

Comment

Working...
                      X