Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
And query document based on the same field in an array of json in java Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And query document based on the same field in an array of json in java

Hi there,

I'm a new user of mongodb and I'm stuck trying to translate in Java a mongoDB query.

Here is the problem. I have a "test" collection such as :
    Code:
    db.test.find()
    { "_id" : ObjectId("4e9e9ec65bd7871ef40fc52b"), "a" : [ { "b" : "c" } ] }
    { "_id" : ObjectId("4e9e9edf5bd7871ef40fc52c"), "a" : [ { "b" : "c" }, { "b" : "d" } ] }
    { "_id" : ObjectId("4e9e9ee45bd7871ef40fc52d"), "a" : [ { "b" : "d" } ] }
    and I would like to query only the second document based on the value of the b field in the embedded documents in the array "a".

In order to do so, I'm using the "$and" operand (on which I don't have found many information on the web).
    Code:
     db.test.find({$and : [{"a.b":"c"},{ "a.b":"d"}]})
    { "_id" : ObjectId("4e9e9edf5bd7871ef40fc52c"), "a" : [ { "b" : "c" }, { "b" : "d" } ] }
    I've searched about this query in Java but didn't find out how to use it. I'm using the spring-data-mongodb framework and querying the db through the use of a MongoTemplate object.

Thanks for any answer

We are still working on the $and support for the Query/Criteria classes. We added an and() method to the Query recently but we are also considering re-working the $and/$or support to be easier to use.

See these issues for progress:
    https://jira.springsource.org/browse/DATADOC-283
    https://jira.springsource.org/browse/DATADOC-300

Comment

Ok. Thanks for this answer.

This example is what I need.

I've seen here that the RC1 release is due to monday so I'll wait until there.

Comment

We've changed the release plans now and there will be an M5 release early next week to be followed by and RC1 release in a few weeks. The new $or/$nor/$and support for the Criteria class will be in M5.

Comment

Working...
        X