Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
MongoDB: Spring-Data-Document, Repository and Querydsl with Id Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MongoDB: Spring-Data-Document, Repository and Querydsl with Id

Hi

If I have an object like this

Code:
    @Document
    public class User {
    	@Id
    	private String id;
    }
    and then I try to do something like this

Code:
    User user = repository.findOne(QUser.user.id.eq("4e721fba6733246393b1095e"));
    it does not work, because QueryDsl creates a query with 'id' instead of '_id'. Is this working as intended and there is no other way than renaming the id property to _id (private String _id)? Or is there a way to tell QueryDsl that the fieldname is _id on the database?

With the spring-data-document Query this works fine. The library knows that it has to rename the field to _id for the query.
    mongoTemplate.find(Query.query(Criteria.where("id" ).is("4e721fba6733246393b1095e")), User.class);

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

I also have the same exact problem when using QueryDSL with MongoDB. Even if I try to change "id" to "_id", it doesn't help.
    Were you been able to find a solution for your problem? If yes I would appreciate if you could share it.

Thanks,
    Mariam

Comment

What Spring Data MongoDB and Querydsl versions are you using? For the 1.0 GA release fo SD MongoDB we implemented a just introduced hook in Querydsl to pipe all predicates through our converter. Beyond that our custom serializer actually uses the mapping metadata to calculate field keys so that should be working actually.

If no, would you mind coming up with a very minimal test case against SpringDataMongodbSerializer?

Comment

MongoDB "in" query problem

Hi Oliver,

I'm using the latest MongoDB version and 2.3.0 version for QueryDsl. I have written many test cases for different cases, e.g. "person.lastname.eq" case:

@Test
        public void findsPeopleByQueryDslLastnameSpec() throws Exception {

Iterable<Person> result = repository.findAll(person.lastname.eq("Matthews")) ;
        assertThat(result, hasItem(dave));
        assertThat(result, not(hasItems(carter, boyd, stefan, leroi, alicia)));
        }

But we need to use in query, e.g. "person.id.in(Arrays.asList(new String[]{"4f43b6a384aea4e77d403709"}))" and in this case test would look like

@Test
        public void findsPeopleByQueryDslIDInSpec() throws Exception {

Iterable<Person> result = repository.findAll(person.id.in(Arrays.asList(new String[]{"4f43b6a384aea4e77d403709", "4f43b6a384aea4e77d403708"})));
        assertThat(result, hasItem(dave));
        }

and the problem is that in query doesn't work at all.
        Any suggestions/advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

-Mariam

Originally posted by Oliver Gierke View Post
        What Spring Data MongoDB and Querydsl versions are you using? For the 1.0 GA release fo SD MongoDB we implemented a just introduced hook in Querydsl to pipe all predicates through our converter. Beyond that our custom serializer actually uses the mapping metadata to calculate field keys so that should be working actually.

If no, would you mind coming up with a very minimal test case against SpringDataMongodbSerializer?

Comment

Also would like to mention that

Iterable<Person> result = repository.findAll(person.lastname.in(Arrays.asLis t(new String[]{"Matthews"})));

in query works when the search is done other than "id" field.
          But this one doesn't work:

Iterable<Person> result = repository.findAll(person.id.in(Arrays.asList(new String[]{"4f43b6a384aea4e77d403709", "4f43b6a384aea4e77d403708"})));

Comment

I've just come across this issue.

Using this entity (@Document) definition with a String as the declared ID:

User.class
            @Id String id;

and the following query

QUser.id.eq("4f43b6a384aea4e77d403709")

Always returns null for a Repository find.

Looking at the mongoDb query log (mongod -v) it appears that the spring-data-mongodb/QueryDSL layers are not translating the String "4f43b6a384aea4e77d403709" to ObjectId("4f43b6a384aea4e77d403709") as one would normally do in the mongo shell.

I Can't pass in an ObjectId manually, because the queryDSL element "id" is a StringPath and typed to String.

I'm having the inject MongoTemplate into my service layer just to do getById DAO functions.

How can I provide a test case to show this?

is there a quick-start archetype I can utilise? or a barebones I can clone?

Thanks

Rob

Mongo Driver: 2.5.3
            Spring framework: 3.1.0-RELEASE
            Spring-data-mongodb: 1.0.1.RELEASE
            QueryDSL-mongodb: 2.3.0

Comment

This seems to be an issue with our serializer, which doesn't apply the special id handling when serializing the query thorugh Querydsl. Would you please open a JIRA ticket? I'll take care of that then…

Comment

Done: https://jira.springsource.org/browse/DATAMONGO-467

With thanks.

Please let me know If can help to resolve this. (E.g. patched version testing etc)

Comment

I think I already know the black spot and will give it a shot early next week. Thanks for filing the ticket!

Comment

Fix deployed to snapshot repositories.

Comment

Working...
                    X