X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question related to NoSQL databases

Hi, I am building a website where I will have two kind of users - X and Y. X will be few (hundreds) and Y will be many (millions). Basically for each X, there will be some set of Ys. Y will add friends in their network. X will post a message which can be seen to particular set of Y and those people can forward that message to their friends. Friends can see that message and can either forward to their friends or reply back to the sender.

So this is my use case and I was exploring different kind of databases primarily NoSQL databases because I am considering scalability and performance of the system as the main concerns in my website. I have started using Spring Data Redis APIs and found it quite useful to my use case. My question here is how do we perform 'update' operation in NoSQL databases specifically in Redis. Lets say I want to update user information stored in Redis. Another question is how do I perform operations like get me all the users who are below 30 years of age provided we have stored user information in Redis which has got 'age' field.

I am quite new in NoSQL world and have very less experience with it. I would also want to hear from experienced people about the right database for my use case. I have previously used Spring, Hibernate combination with MySQL as database and was not satisfied with the performance of the system when load is heavy on the system.

Thanks,
    Sachin
Working...
X