Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traversal over RelationShips

Hello everyone

I'm trying to figure out a way to traverse over RelationShips. In pure Neo4j-API I'd write something like:
    PHP Code:
    for(RelationShip r Traversal.description()...whatever(...)...traverse(startNode).relationships()) {

I could not find a way in Spring Data Graph to do the same. The Traversers that are used in @GraphTraversal and findAllByTraversal() always return nodes.

I went on and tried to implement a class RelationshipBackedRelationshipIterableWrapper that would convert a Neo4j RelationShip to an @RelationShip backed entity, so that I could use a "normal" neo4j traverser over RelationShips and convert the Iterable<RelationShip> to an Iterable<MyRelationshipEntity>.
    I could not find a way to convert a Neo4j RelationShip instance to a @RelationShip entity. graphDatabaseContext does not seem to provide an equivalence to createEntityFromState() that is used in NodeBackedNodeIterableWrapper.

Any hints how to traverse over RelationShips?

Best regards,
    James

I'd use just the entity properties to traverse the relationships.

for (Group group user.groups) for (User member : group.members) { if (group.name.equals("xx") && member.task == Task.MANAGE) doSomething(); }

Comment

Working...
    X