X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roo neo4j status

I have a couple of basic prototypes running with spring data neo4j.

The technology and integration looks promising. We are using roo with our basic spring apps, and was curious about the status of the neo4j plugins for roo.

There are a couple of old threads hat spring roo for neo4j is being worked on, but not much info lately. I could be looking in the wrong place, please pardon me if that is the case.

Both spring neo4j and roo are in flux right now. With roo 1.4 and spring 1.0 out, I thought something might be happening.

Couple of quick questions:
    - what is the status of spring neo4j?
    - if active, which version of roo should I use with it? (latest or dev)
    - if development activity is paused, which version of neo4j or roo is the target for further work .

Thanks,
    Mike

The roo infrastructure currently revamped their internal APIs so that broke our current addon but will enable us in the future to integrate nosql data models into roo.
    I wanted to strip down our roo addon to basic setup and installation (but I assume you already have that covered) but the roo update with the changed API stopped me from continuing on that.

Hopefully I find time to address the roo addon in July. The future roo addon will target Neo4j 1.4, Roo 1.1.4 and Spring Data Graph 1.1.

Cheers

Michael

Comment

Michael,

Thanks for the update, keep up the good work.

Comment

Hi Michael, any updates on this?

Thanks

Comment

Some of those.

The roo guys now abstracted the metadata layer, which we implemented.
          There is a current 1.1.0-RELEASE which should appear in roo anytime.

And the Spring Data Graph Roo add-on is featured in Josh Longs "Getting Started with Roo" book from O'Reilly.
          (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920020981.do)

HTH

Michael

Comment

You might have to do:
            roo> addon remove --bundleSymbolicName org.springframework.datastore.neo4j.roo.addon

and then

roo> addon search --refresh true neo
            Successfully downloaded Roo add-on Data
            Downloaded 100% of lookupar.asc
            DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------
            01 Y Y 1.1.0.RELEASE Roo Addon for Graph Persistence using Spring-Data-Graph
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

roo> addon install id --searchResultId 01
            Target resource(s):
            -------------------
            org-springframework-datastore-neo4j-roo-addon (1.1.0.RELEASE)

Deploying...done.

Successfully installed add-on: org-springframework-datastore-neo4j-roo-addon [version: 1.1.0.RELEASE]

Comment

unable to install Neo4j addon for Roo

here are the steps I tried to install the Roo Neo4j addon and it gives error at the end

roo> addon search data
              3 found, sorted by rank; T = trusted developer; R = Roo 1.2 compatible
              ID T R DESCRIPTION -------------------------------------------------------------

01 - Y 0.8.1 Site structure management for Spring MVC based web layer
              Downloaded 100% of org.springframework.datastore.neo4j.roo.addon-1.1.0.RELEASE.j
              ar.asc 1.6.2

ar.asc
              [HINT] use 'addon info id --searchResultId ..' to see details about a search res
              ult
              [HINT] use 'addon install id --searchResultId ..' to install a specific search r
              esult, or
              [HINT] use 'addon install bundle --bundleSymbolicName TAB' to install a specific
              add-on version
              roo> addon install id --searchResultId 02
              Download URL 'http://spring-roo-addon-graph.googlecode.com/svn/repo/org/springfr
              amework/data/org.springframework.datastore.neo4j.roo.addon/1.1.0.RELEASE/org.spr
              ingframework.datastore.neo4j.roo.addon-1.1.0.RELEASE.jar' failed
              This resource was signed with PGP key ID '0x29C2D8FD', which is not currently tr
              usted
              Use 'pgp key view' to view this key, 'pgp trust' to trust it, or 'pgp automatic
              trust' to trust any keys
              Target resource(s):
              -------------------
              org-springframework-datastore-neo4j-roo-addon (1.1.0.RELEASE)

Deploying...done.

Unable to install add-on: org-springframework-datastore-neo4j-roo-addon [version
              : 1.1.0.RELEASE]
              roo>

Comment

You need to setup the download security for Roo

"Use 'pgp key view' to view this key, 'pgp trust' to trust it, or 'pgp automatic
                trust' to trust any keys"

Basically all the trusted Roo plugins require you to approve them on your machine. So you can use "pgp trust" or "pgp automatic trust" The first will trust just that plugin. the second will trust any plugins from then on.

Mark

Comment

So I landed on this link after trying to search for documentation on how to add the Spring-data-Neo4J add-on. However, even after doing the "pgp trust" step, I am getting an error as below:

roo> addon install id --searchResultId 01
                  Unsatisfied requirement(s):
                  ---------------------------
                  (&(package=org.springframework.roo.addon.entity)(v ersion>=1.1.0))
                  org-springframework-datastore-neo4j-roo-addon

Here are my environment settings:
                  Sun JDK 1.6 on Mac OS X
                  Spring Roo 1.2.0 RELEASE version

What could be wrong here. The error message speaks about an unsatisfied dependency but does not point out which one. I am stuck. Any help would be great.

Comment

Sorry, didn't find the time to take care of the roo add-on.

Will try to fit it in somehow. It is probably the roo version it complains about as the addon was build against roo 1.1

Please ping me again the next days.

Thanks

Michael

Comment

Michael
                      Thanks for the quick response.
                      You are right, it it the Roo version compatibility. I got it working with Roo 1.1.4.
                      So right now I am unblocked and am able to have a single web application with Neo4J as the data-store.

Thought this might help others like me who took the latest Roo version (V 2.0) and found the same issue.

Will look forward to your update on the fix so that it works with Roo 2.0 as well.

Regards
                      Gokul

Comment

Hi Michael,

Just as another buzz, did you have time to look into the addon?

Many Thanks

Comment

OOps, didn't see the second page of the thread. I was able to install it on 1.1.4

Comment

I don't suppose anyone has a time frame when the add-on will support Roo 1.2+ and the new Spring Data Neo4j instead of Spring Data Graph? Just that it would be nice to use the tools that come with STS 2.9.0

Regards,
                            Adam

Comment

Unfortunately, we are barking up the wrong tree. It is the Roo team that we need to hound in order to maybe get some progress.

Wow, just realized all the dog analogies there.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X