Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to authenticate user from LDAP..

hello
    can any One tell me how i create a method in which i authenticate user from LDAP using spring LDAP API...
    i want user enter his/her cn and Password and i check these attributes from LDAP.. is it possible or is there any method which return me boolean when i pass cn and password

Noman,
    The LDAP reference documentation talks about authentication here: http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ntication.html

Comment

thanks for your replay and link..
      i am facing some compile time error when i try the first method which is in the link
      Using ContextSource for user authentication

may be i am doing something wrong
      Code:
       try {
      	  ctx = ContextSource.getContext(userDn, credentials);
      	    return true;
      i am getting error in this line which is
      The method getContext(String, String) is undefined for the type ContextSource

import interface from ldap is org.springframework.ldap.ContextSource

what is this can you tell me about it

Comment

You are trying to call getContext on ContextSource class. Instead, you need to create a new instance of ContextSource and invoke getContext on it. Here is a way to programatically create ContextSource

Code:
                        LdapContextSource contextSource = new LdapContextSource();
        		contextSource.setUrl("YOUR_LDAP_URL");                  
        		contextSource.setUserDn("YOUR_OPTIONAL_ADMIN_USER_DN");
        		contextSource.setPassword("YOUR_OPTIONAL_ADMIN_PWD");
        		try {
        			contextSource.afterPropertiesSet();
        		}
        		catch(Exception e) {
        			e.printStackTrace();
        		}
                        ctx = contextSource.getContext(userDn, credentials);

return true;

Comment

hi bvar
          thanx for the code...

well it seem to be meaningless we again create ContextSource and provide the all the information which we already set in Spring configuration file...

there is not any sophisticated way to do this..

Comment

Ahh!! I didn't realize that you were using a configuration file. In that case, you can simply inject the context source. Right?

For example if this is your configuration:

Code:
                 <bean id="contextSource" class="org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextSource">
                    	<property name="url" value="XXXXXXX" />
                    	<property name="userDn" value="XXXXXX" />
            			<property name="password" value="XXXXXX" />
                    	<property name="base" value=""/>
            		</bean>
            Then you can use the following code:

Code:
              import javax.naming.directory.DirContext;

import org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.Autowired;
            import org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.Qualifier;
            import org.springframework.ldap.core.ContextSource;
            import org.springframework.ldap.support.LdapUtils;

public class AuthenticationDao {

@Autowired
            	@Qualifier("contextSource")
            	private ContextSource contextSource;

public boolean authenticate(String userDn, String credentials) {
            		  DirContext ctx = null;
            		  try {
            		    ctx = contextSource.getContext(userDn, credentials);
            		    return true;
            		  } catch (Exception e) {
            		    // Context creation failed - authentication did not succeed
            		    return false;
            		  } finally {
            		    // It is imperative that the created DirContext instance is always closed
            		    LdapUtils.closeContext(ctx);
            		  }
            	}	  
            }

Comment

hmmm ok nice to see your response but still facing problem...
              i replace the class which you mention in contaxt bean
              org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextS ource

now here is my spring configuration file.

Code:
              <bean id="ldapContextSource"
              class="org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextSource">
              <property name="url" value="ldap://XXXXX:389" />
              <property name="base" value="ou=schools,DC=lti-student,DC=test" />
              <property name="userDn" value="XXXX" />
              <property name="password" value="XXXX" />
              </bean>

<bean id="ldapTemplate" class="org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate">
              <constructor-arg ref="ldapContextSource" />
              </bean> 

<bean id="ldapContactDao"
              		class="com.javaworld.sample.LDAPContactDAO">
              		<property name="ldapTemplate" ref="ldapTemplate" />
              	</bean>
              </beans>

but with this configuration i am getting exception

Code:
              Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ldapContact' defined in class path resource [com/javaworld/sample/springldap.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate] to required type [org.springframework.ldap.LdapTemplate] for property 'ldapTemplate'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate] to required type [org.springframework.ldap.LdapTemplate] for property 'ldapTemplate': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:480)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
              	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
              	at com.javaworld.sample.SpringFrameworkLDAPClient.main(SpringFrameworkLDAPClient.java:23)
              Caused by: org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate] to required type [org.springframework.ldap.LdapTemplate] for property 'ldapTemplate'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate] to required type [org.springframework.ldap.LdapTemplate] for property 'ldapTemplate': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
              	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertForProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:391)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.convertForProperty(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1289)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1250)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
              	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
              	... 9 more
              Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert value of type [org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate] to required type [org.springframework.ldap.LdapTemplate] for property 'ldapTemplate': no matching editors or conversion strategy found
              	at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:231)
              	at org.springframework.beans.TypeConverterDelegate.convertIfNecessary(TypeConverterDelegate.java:138)
              	at org.springframework.beans.BeanWrapperImpl.convertForProperty(BeanWrapperImpl.java:386)
              	... 13 more
              what is this can you please tell me about it i also googling on that

Comment

Working...
              X