Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
LDAP authentication across App-Servers without copying dependencies? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP authentication across App-Servers without copying dependencies?

LDAP authentication in different J2EE servers is different, unfortunately.

Eg. If I develop a code in JBoss for LDAP authentication with LDAP login module of JBoss, 99% chances are that it will not run in WebSphere or any other J2EE containers. Maybe if I import that library jar files, it might work. Iím looking at just porting the application and not having to worry about library files, unless we have written the libraries. Libraries of J2EE servers must not be copied from one server to the other. I donít know if that could be called code ethics!!

Is there a J2EE server independent module for LDAP or way of programming for doing this?

Is the solution Ė code from scratch using JNDI the only method? Please advice.

Here are some thoughts:

Libraries of J2EE servers must not be copied from one server to the other. I donít know if that could be called code ethics!!
    I don't think it is good practice to just use a server specific library in a different server. This might just make upgrades harder and also you might need to worry about licensing issues.

Is there a J2EE server independent module for LDAP or way of programming for doing this?
    I am not aware of such a solution. May be JAAS??

Is the solution Ė code from scratch using JNDI the only method?
    Spring LDAP provides a clean abstraction over JNDI and makes it easy to work with LDAP. So one approach would be to write a reusable module using Spring LDAP that performs user authentication. You can then extend hooks specific to each server but delegate the actual authentication to your reusable module.

HTH

Comment

Working...
    X