X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referrals and PageResultsRequestControl in Active Directory

We are trying to integrate with an Active Directory server and pull in users from the ldap server into our database.

What I would like to ideally do is, use the PageResultsRequestControl object and start searching the users from the base DN (the root dn of the ldap server.)

I would like to obtain results in increments of 100.

I use spring-ldap 1.2.1 and the ldapTemplate for looking up the users.

I use the method ldapTemplate.search(String name, String filter,SearchControls, ContextMapper, DirContextProcessor).

Now here is the issue, when I start searching from the base dn, if I set the referral to follow I get PartialResultsExceptions and don't get results back from the server. The PagedResultsRequestControl object the cookie value is null.

If I set the referral to throw , I get the LdapReferralException.

My question is, is there any way in Active Directory that referrals could be followed without me writing code for it.

Is there any way, I could sort of skip the referral and continue to the next result? Is there any sample code to either follow referrals or skip them.

Also can I use the PageResultsRequestControl in conjunction with all this.

What I want to do is that possible?

Currently to avoid referrals we look at a specific OU which contains all the users, but moving forward that is limited and customers would like to just start their base dn.

Any code samples will be appreciated.
Working...
X