Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using springLDAP in EJB layer?

Hi,

It looks like, that I'm gonna need to move the LDAP-handling to the EJB layer for cross-project usage, but I'm not sure, how SpringLDAP behaves in that context. Are there some catch-up's which I should be aware? Does have anyone experience with SpringLDAP in EJB layer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Peter Major

There shouldn't be much to worry about. The only problem we've seen that might be applicable here is described in this post, and is related to class loading issues within a container. If you plan to use ContextMappers you need to make sure that the Spring ApplicationContext is loaded in the same - or a parent of - the class loader used in the EJB layer.

Comment

Originally posted by rasky View Post
      There shouldn't be much to worry about. The only problem we've seen that might be applicable here is described in this post, and is related to class loading issues within a container. If you plan to use ContextMappers you need to make sure that the Spring ApplicationContext is loaded in the same - or a parent of - the class loader used in the EJB layer.
      Thanks for the answer, I was able to successfully use spring-LDAP in EJB layer (even with contextmappers) without any problem, it works like a charm.

Comment

That's good to hear. Thanks for reporting back.

Comment

Working...
        X