X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WildCards in EqualsFilter

Quick question... is there a way to get EqualsFilter to accept wildcards? I have tried to use the normal java escape pattern of '\\*' but that doesn't seem to work... the only way I seem to be able to execute "cn=*" is just by cn=*...

Just curious for convention sake...

Thanks.

Keith

The Filter classes escape the values properly, that's one of the main motivations of these classes. There is however a WhitespaceWildcardsFilter that will probably be what you're looking for.

Comment

Filter Classes

They do escape values properly which is one of the reasons I am trying to use them... however, it seems that when you put in an '*' it escapes the asterick into a literal value instead of interpreting it as a wildcard. (I checked the search against the directory and get an escaped value.)

I guess I could use the WhitespaceWildcardsFilter and search for a single space but that didn't become apparent till you suggested it.

Thanks.

Keith

Comment

The WhitespaceWildcardsFilter would probably work with the empty string as well.

What happens when you use the EqualsFilter is that it escapes the '*', enabling you to search for that string (i.e. the string '*', not the special wildcard character). That is exactly the intended behavior.

Comment

Got it... Makes more sense now.

Thanks.

Keith

Comment

Working...
          X