Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exception while trying to connect Microsoft Active Directory

Hi All,

I am trying to connect microsoft active directory 2003 on windows server 2003 without a luck.
    The same program works for me with apache directory service without any exceptions.
    Still now i getting this exception:
    Caused by: javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); remaining name ''
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2763)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCt x.java:2737)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(LdapCtx.java:1 808)
    at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(LdapCtx.java:17 31)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_sea rch(ComponentDirContext.java:368)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:338)
    at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContex t.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:321)
    at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(In itialDirContext.java:248)
    at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate$4.execu teSearch(LdapTemplate.java:230)
    at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search( LdapTemplate.java:272)
    ... 126 more

Do you have any clue or some solution for me what is it and why its being raised up ?

Thanks in advanced,
    Dor

You're running into the dreaded problems with AD and referrals. The problem is that automatic following of referrals don't work that good with Active Directory. You can have LdapTemplate ignore the PartialResultException by setting the 'ignorePartialResultException' property of LdapTemplate to true.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by rasky View Post
      You're running into the dreaded problems with AD and referrals. The problem is that automatic following of referrals don't work that good with Active Directory. You can have LdapTemplate ignore the PartialResultException by setting the 'ignorePartialResultException' property of LdapTemplate to true.
      Its an option but what would be the side effects of that on other exceptions that should be raised and wont be because of this disable?

Dor

Comment

Working...
      X