Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous bind required for roles

Kia ora

I am using openldap to store user information for logging into a web app with acegisecurity providing authentication. I'm trying to secure my openldap repository and discovered that in order to determine the user's roles, I need to allow anonymous "read" access to the roles ou. I really only want to allow anonymous "auth" access to the user's userPassword attribute which is required to allow the user to login. Is this a known issue with the ldap support in acegisec or am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks for any assistance.

Could you post some code? I can't quite follow your question.

Comment

You should post any questions related to Acegi or Spring Security in their forum.

Comment

Yep, I've already tried that forum and received no response and thought I would try a little cross pollination. At this stage I guess I'm just stuck with allowing more anonymous access than I really want.

Comment

FWIW, the problem was that I hadn't provided credentials for an acegisecurity identity in my applicationContext.xml so it was trying to use anonymous access to search for user roles.

Code:
          <bean id="initialDirContextFactory"
                  class="org.acegisecurity.ldap.DefaultInitialDirContextFactory">
                  <constructor-arg value="ldap://localhost:389/dc=base,dc=co,dc=nz"/>
                  <!--
                  For bind authentication don't require managerDn, but it is used for 
                  picking roles without requiring anon access.
                  -->

<property name="managerDn">
                      <value>cn=acegisecurity,ou=people,dc=base,dc=co,dc=nz</value>
                  </property>
                  <property name="managerPassword">
                      <value>**************</value>
                  </property>
          </bean>

Comment

Working...
          X