X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login+store in ldap server using spring ldap

Hello guys, i want to make an application that can registrate username & password using spring ldap, and the data about the user account will be deliver to ldap server, if there is anyone can help me, i will appreciate it

(i use apacheds as the ldap server)

It's kind of unclear what you want - do you want to create a user entry in LDAP? For that you would use LdapTemplate.bind(). You will probably want to use a DirContextAdapter to build the attribute values. It's all described in the reference manual.

Authentication is typically not done using Spring LDAP, for that you should use Acegi (Spring Security).

Comment

yes right, i want to create user Entry, and login using the user id that already entry, ok no problem using if spring ldap can't authenticate it yet, so do you have any solution to solve it

Comment

or is there any sample, that exactly the same as my problem

Comment

Originally posted by Arkumik View Post
          yes right, i want to create user Entry, and login using the user id that already entry, ok no problem using if spring ldap can't authenticate it yet, so do you have any solution to solve it
          User authentication is typically done using Acegi Security (Spring Security). It is possible to do using Spring LDAP, as described in this forum post, but be advised that it's most often more complicated than this. This area quickly expands into a number of independent issues: how to transfer the authentication information from the client to the server, how to perform access restrictions, how to get information about the currently logged in user etc. Spring Security takes care of all of those things in a highly versatile manner; Spring LDAP does not, which means you'll have to do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
          X