Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring LDAP 1.2 time schedule

Hi

Sorry I know you guys make a tremendous work in this great framework and you do it in your sparetime. So I do not want to push, but anyway ...

Spring LDAP has been on RC1 for quite some time. Is there a timeframe for a 1.2 final release?

We are going in production within a few months and would like to be able to use either 1.1.2 or go for the newer 1.2.

Quite right, the RC1 has been out there way too long without a follow-up. We are aiming to get 1.2 final out during this month and I'm pretty sure that's a realistic goal. The changes in the final release are actually not going to be all that much in the current code. The 1.2 final release will mostly focus on some final polishing as well as some pretty cool all-new features, including a JPA-like mapping framework for LDAP (Object Directory Mapper) and a SimpleLdapTemplate similar to SimpleJdbcTemplate, adding Java5 generics support.

So I'm pretty sure you won't have to change anything for the final release, and we'll have it in place well within your production time schedule.
    Cheers,

Comment

Working...
    X