Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't understand unbind.

hello :

There is two users in ou= people with equal cn ,if I want to delete one of them how can I define which one?
    whether we should unbind one entry only with define cn in query.?If our cn is not unique what can we do?
    Is it possible to unbind with uid?

best regard.

You tell unbind the distinguished name (dn) of the entry you want to have removed. That's the unique path to a specific entry. Even if your users have the same common name (cn), they are definitely placed in different branches of your tree. For example, if one user cn=John Doe is in one department and the other user cn=John Doe is in another, their dns could be cn=John Doe, ou=Sales, ou=New York and cn=John Doe, ou=Development, ou=Los Angeles. You need to find the dn of the specific user you need to remove and send that to unbind. You can find your user using a search that either begins in a specific subtree, or searches the tree for attributes that are specific, for example the uid. If you use a ContextMapper instead of an AttributesMapper in the search, you will have easy access to the dn.

Comment

Working...
    X