Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with unbind

Hi!

I am trying to delete an entry in my LDAP Directory using ldaptemplate.unbind (name dn) method, the DN value of the entry contains the character "@" and I got the error "LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class Violation"

I deleted the same entry from command line with the command:
    idsldapdelete -D xxxx -w xxxx "tc=abc@4444444444, o=sg, c=MX"
    and it was successful.

I tested the same with JNDI and it was successful too.

Too I tested with an entry without "@" and it was successful so I think the problem is the character "@".

I will glade if somebody help me.

We'll need some more information, i.e. actual code snippet and full stack trace in order to analyze this problem.

Comment

Hi!

This is the actual code snippet:
      Code:
      public void delete(TProfileDto tProfileDto) {
         ldapTemplate.unbind(buildDn(tProfileDto.getTC()));
       }

private Name buildDn(String tAccount) {
         DistinguishedName dn = null;
         dn = new DistinguishedName();
         dn.add("tc", tAccount);
         return dn;
      }
      and the stack trace is:

[LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class Violation]; nested exception is javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class Violation]; remaining name 'tc=s@4422385758'

I tested other operations like: add, update and search with the same DN value ant they were successful only delete was wrong.

Thanks

Comment

I'm sorry, this is the full stack trace
        Code:
        Exception: [LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class Violation]; nested exception is javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class Violation]; remaining name 'tc=s@4422385759'

org.springframework.ldap.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class Violation]; nested exception is javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class Violation]; remaining name 'tc=s@4422385759'

Caused by: javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class Violation]; remaining name 'tc=s@4422385759'

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3016)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2737)

at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_rename(LdapCtx.java:685)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentContext.p_rename(ComponentContext.java:693)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeContext.rename(PartialCompositeContext.java:251)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.rename(InitialContext.java:389)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.springframework.ldap.transaction.compensating.LdapCompensatingTransactionOperationFactory$NonClosingDirContextInvocationHandler.invoke(LdapCompensatingTransactionOperationFactory.java:196)

at $Proxy0.rename(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate$29.executeWithContext(LdapTemplate.java:1153)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.executeWithContext(LdapTemplate.java:775)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.executeReadWrite(LdapTemplate.java:770)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.rename(LdapTemplate.java:1150)

at org.springframework.ldap.transaction.compensating.UnbindOperationExecutor.performOperation(UnbindOperationExecutor.java:103)

at org.springframework.transaction.compensating.support.DefaultCompensatingTransactionOperationManager.performOperation(DefaultCompensatingTransactionOperationManager.java:71)

at org.springframework.transaction.compensating.support.CompensatingTransactionUtils.performOperation(CompensatingTransactionUtils.java:47)

at org.springframework.ldap.transaction.compensating.manager.TransactionAwareDirContextInvocationHandler.invoke(TransactionAwareDirContextInvocationHandler.java:88)

at $Proxy0.unbind(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate$23.executeWithContext(LdapTemplate.java:1040)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.executeWithContext(LdapTemplate.java:775)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.executeReadWrite(LdapTemplate.java:770)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.doUnbind(LdapTemplate.java:1037)

at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.unbind(LdapTemplate.java:1002)

at com.telmex.dp.dao.TelmexProfileDao.delete(TelmexProfileDao.java:227)

at com.telmex.dp.control.Executer.borrarPerfilTelmex(Executer.java:215)

at com.telmex.dp.OperationHandler.handleRequest(OperationHandler.java:166)

at com.telmex.www.dataplatform.DataPlatformServiceSkeleton.execute(DataPlatformServiceSkeleton.java:44)

at Client.borrarPerfilTelmex(Client.java:372)

at Client.test(Client.java:58)

at Client.main(Client.java:33)
        Thanks!

Comment

The stack trace indicates that you are using compensating transactions. This means that an unbind will in effect be a rename and then an unbind, if the transaction is committed. In your case, it's the rename that fails. Could you disable transactions and see if a plain unbind works?

The object class violation error indicates that either an attribute is not allowed or that a required attribute is omitted. Which objectclass are you using for your entries? Which LDAP server?

Comment

Hi!

In fact I'm using transaction and it's necessary because if the other operation fails the rollback must apply so I must use transaction.

It's important to point out that in the same transaction context I deleted an entry wtihout "@" and it was successful.

My own object class is:
            Code:
            dn: cn=Schema
            changetype: modify
            add: objectClasses
            objectclasses:( tprofile-oid NAME 'TProfile' 
            		DESC 'Perfil' 
            		SUP 'top'
            		STRUCTURAL
            		MUST (tc $ sc $ pn $ ipbr $ so $ stbp )
            		MAY (guid $  nsrg $ iprg $ macAddress $ model $
            		     rack $ shelf $ slot $ portd $ ipd $
            		     id7450 $ ip7450 $ ids7450 $ iom $ mda $ port7450 $
            		     outer $ inner))
            The LDAP server is Tivoli Directory Server.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sacara View Post
              Hi!
              In fact I'm using transaction and it's necessary because if the other operation fails the rollback must apply so I must use transaction.
              Of course, but what I meant was to disable it temporarily just to test if an unbind works. What fails for you now is a rename, because transactions intercept the unbind.

Comment

Hi!

Ok, I disabled the transaction context and I deleted the same entry (with "@") and exactly it was successful.

Comment

OK, so it seems it's only the rename that fails then. Could you try performing a rename manually, as opposed to the one that the transaction performs? I mean doing a rename as you did the add, update and search operations. What I'm looking for here is this: is it the transaction rename that for some reason does something bad, or will a rename simply not work.

Comment

I actually have an idea what might be the problem - it might have to do with the default TempEntryRenamingStrategy; possibly you'll have to use the DifferentSubtreeRenamingStrategy in stead of the default TempEntryRenamingStrategy.

Comment

Working...
                    X