Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Context.REFERRAL search problem

Hi all,

I was having a problem connecting to the source, but I solved that by adding Context.REFERRAL = 'follow' to the baseEnvironmentProperties.
    But now when I do a search, I'm getting a CommunicationException thrown from
    Code:
    javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.NamingEnumeration<SearchResult>search(String name,String filter, SearchControls cons) throws NamingException { 
    return getURLOrDefaultInitDirCtx(name).search(name, filter, cons); 
    }
    where name="", filter= "(&(objectclass=person)(objectclass=user)(objectcl ass=organizationalPerson)(sAMAccountName=glenn2041 ))" and defaultSearchControls on subtree scope.

Instead of searching via the url: ldap://wlg-dc1:389 it's trying to search on ldap://nz.co.company:389
    Here's the exception:
    Code:
      org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: nz.co.company:389; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: nz.co.company:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: nz.co.company]

Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: nz.co.company:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: nz.co.company]
    	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapReferralContext.<init>(LdapReferralContext.java:99)
    	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapReferralException.getReferralContext(LdapReferralException.java:147)
    	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(LdapCtx.java:1835)
    	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(LdapCtx.java:1746)
    	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(ComponentDirContext.java:383)
    	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:353)
    	at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:336)
    	at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(InitialDirContext.java:259)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate$4.executeSearch(LdapTemplate.java:221)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:263)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:225)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:539)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:523)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:374)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:397)
    	at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:415)
    	at nz.co.contactenergy.prepower.dao.security.ldap.LdapTemplateUserDao.getUser(LdapTemplateUserDao.java)
    applicationContext.xml
    Code:
    	<bean id="contextSource" class="org.springframework.ldap.core.support.LdapContextSource">
    		<property name="url" value="ldap://wlg-dc1:389" />
    		<property name="base" value="DC=nz,DC=co,DC=company" />
    		<property name="userName" value="CN=serviceAccountUserName,OU=Service Accounts,OU=Administrators,DC=company,DC=co,DC=nz" />
    		<property name="password" value="serviceAccountPassword" />
    		<property name="baseEnvironmentProperties">
                <map>
                    <entry key="java.naming.referral" value="follow" />
                </map>
            </property>
    	</bean>
    	<bean id="ldapTemplate" class="org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate">
    		<constructor-arg ref="contextSource" />
    	</bean>
    	<bean class="nz.co.company.project.dao.security.ldap.LdapTemplateUserDao">
    		<property name="ldapTemplate" ref="ldapTemplate" />
    	</bean>
    Update:
    I tried setting Context.REFERRAL to ignore. It does get the right host, but now throws a PartialResultException
    Code:
     javax.naming.PartialResultException: [LDAP: error code 10 - 0000202B: RefErr: DSID-031006E0, data 0, 1 access points
    	ref 1: 'nz.co.company'

BTW: I'm using Websphere 6.1 & Spring LDAP 1.2RC1 & MS Active Directory 2003

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Last edited by glenn2041; Jun 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM.

I must admit that my knowledge of referrals is rather limited. However, if you really want to ignore referrals you can set the 'ignorePartialResultException' property of LdapTemplate to true.

Comment

Solved!

Hi all,
      I figure out what the problem was:

The contextScope.base was in the incorrect order.
      I had set to "DC=nz,DC=co,DC=company" should have been "DC=company,DC=co,DC=nz".

Happy happy happy, joy joy joy!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X