Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ldap_unavailable

hi,
    i am using Microsoft LDAP API(3.0) and Iplanet Directory Server 5.1.Here is the code snippets.

//Initialization session with Directory Server
    FActiveDirSession= ldap_init(Host, PortNumber);

//binding to Server
    Result = ldap_Connect(FActiveDirSession, nil);
    Result = ldap_simple_bind_s(FActiveDirSession,User,Password );

The search record using
    Result := ldap_search_s(FActiveDirSession, BaseDN,SearchScope,Filter,nil,False,Messages);

It will fetch records correctly but when the same search function is called after one day it will return error 0x34=52 in decimal, remeber during one day delay, session is not closed. Can any one help me out what is the actual probelm is it problem of Sun directory Server or my program has the fault.
    If it is the problem of Driectory Server then guide me the solution how solve it. And this error LDAP_UNAVAILABLE occure in which scenarios.

regards
    Imtiaz Khadim

This forum is for the Spring LDAP framework. If you were using Java and Spring LDAP, we might be able to help you.

Comment

Ldap_unavailable

hi ulsa,
      Thanks for your response.
      U r saying this forum support spring LDAP and Java.
      I am using sun java Iplanet Directory Server 5.1 that is related to jave am i right or not?

Second spring LDAP is realted to microsoft API's am i wrong or right?

If i am right in any of above cases, my query qaulify to be treated in this forums. Please help me out in this scenario

regards
      Imtiaz Khadim

Comment

Originally posted by imtiazpk82 View Post
        I am using sun java Iplanet Directory Server 5.1 that is related to jave am i right or not?
        Wrong. While the name would indicate that it has something to do with Java, the only connection with Java here is that the server comes from Sun. Also, even if the LDAP server implementation would be written in Java, this forum is dedicated to questions regarding programming against LDAP Servers using the Spring LDAP API.

Second spring LDAP is realted to microsoft API's am i wrong or right?
        Wrong. Microsoft's API and Spring LDAP are two completely different and unrelated LDAP APIs. I'm sure Microsoft has a forum for its LDAP API somewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X