Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connectionproperties

Hello,

i'm integrating Spring LDAP into a new Servlet Application, but now there's a configuration problem I don't know how to solve.

I need to set "com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.timeout" NOT "com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout", but I'm not sure where the property has to be placed. Can it be set into the Systemproperties via -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.timeout=750 e.g.?

If not, where?

Thanks in advance! Adam

It needs to be set as a global system property, e.g. as you suggest using -D on startup.

Comment

But isn't that convers to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/...jndi-ldap.html which says that
      com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout is a system property (paragraph 15.3) but
      com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.timeout is a jndi environment property (paragraph 3.4) ?

Comment

Yes, the connection timeout property com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.timeout is per-context, so it's a JNDI environment property, while the pooling timeout property com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout is per-JVM and thus it's a system property.

Extra JNDI environment properties can be set using AbstractContextSource.setBaseEnvironmentProperties.

Comment

Working...
        X