Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using LdapTemplate with JNDI

Hi,
    is it possible to configure the LdapContextSource of the LdapTemplate for a JNDI lookup? That is, I have the following specified in my context:

Code:
    <bean id="ldapTemplate" class="org.springframework.ldap.LdapTemplate">
    	<constructor-arg>
    		<bean class="org.springframework.ldap.support.LdapContextSource">
    		<property name="url" value="${ldap.url}" />
    		<property name="base" value="${ldap.base}" />
    		<property name="userName" value="${ldap.username}" />
    		<property name="password" value="${ldap.password}" />
    		<property name="baseEnvironmentProperties">
    			<map>
    				<entry key="java.naming.referral" value="follow" />
    			</map>
    		</property>
    	</bean>
    	</constructor-arg>
    </bean>
    The $ properties are stored in a properties file. I want to be able to just specify the JNDI name and let WebSphere manage the underlying connection parameters above, like jdbc data sources. Can the template be wrapped in a JndiObjectFactoryBean?
    Thanks
    Alan

I would not store the LdapTemplate instance in JNDI, but rather the ContextSource instance, just as you would do with a DataSource. Then it would be trivial to tell ldapTemplate to use a ContextSource which is retrieved from a JndiObjectFactoryBean.

Comment

Originally posted by ulsa View Post
      I would not store the LdapTemplate instance in JNDI, but rather the ContextSource instance, just as you would do with a DataSource. Then it would be trivial to tell ldapTemplate to use a ContextSource which is retrieved from a JndiObjectFactoryBean.
      Thanks - I did mean the ContextSource as you say. Configuring a data source for jdbc access is easy in WebSphere 6 but I am not sure how to set up an LDAP connection as a JNDI instance. Anyway, I will try this today.
      Thanks again
      Alan

Comment

Did you end up finding a solution to this? We also have jdbc data sources setup in WebSphere (6.1), and access them in the spring context via jndi lookups. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to do the same sort of thing with an LDAP ContextSource.

Thank you.

Comment

thanks for this information, it is too important.

Comment

Hi, can anyone post the solution if you have? Can we create the Jndi for Ldap ContextSource?
            I do find some posts talking about it, but no solution finally.

Comment

I too am looking for this but can't find an example. There are examples that get ldap conn details from jndi but not the ContextSource......

Comment

Working...
              X