Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for LDAP Groups

Hi,

I'm wondering if the next versions will have support to manage LDAP groups and roles, that is, to be able to perform operations like the following:
    • Create and delete groups
    • Add and remove members to a group
    • Check if a person belongs to a particular group
    • Get all the groups a person belongs to
    • etc

Or is there any workaround for that?

Thanks,
    Eliseo

It's perfectly possible to manage groups using the current version of Spring LDAP. The library is intended to be generic however, so there's nothing specifically directed at managing groups, i.e. you'll have to write the code yourself even though using Spring LDAP will simplify things for you significantly compared to doing in plain JNDI/Java LDAP.

We will provide additional example code in the next release however, and this will include some examples on managing groups. If you'd like to look at these examples before the actual release (it'll probably be a while before we're ready to release 1.2) you can check it out from the subversion repository:
    https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/...ng-ldap/trunk/

The example is the spring-ldap-person project.

Comment

Thank you for your response, I'm going to download the examples and let you know my comments. I'm looking forward to the next release.

Comment

Add members to an existing Group - Manage Groups

Hi

I would like to have some pointers on how we can manage members within a group. I understand from previous posts that the current API should support this feature in a more generic way. Could someone provide an example of it?

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
        X