X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanCreationException

I am following the reference guide by Arthursson and Sandberg that comes with Spring-Ldap 1.1.2, but have had no luck getting it to work. I think I might be missing some knowledge that is assumed by the document. Here is my app. context.

Code:
    <!-- LDAP Settings-->
            <bean id="contextSource"
    		class="org.springframework.ldap.support.LdapContextSource">		
                    <property name="url" value="ldap://persona.tu.ir:389"/>
    		<property name="base" value="dc=tu,dc=ir"/>
    		<property name="userName" value="cn=something"/>
    		<property name="password" value="secret"/>
    		<property name="dirObjectFactory" value="org.springframework.ldap.support.DefaultDirObjectFactory" />
    	</bean>
    	<bean id="ldapOperations" class="org.springframework.ldap.LdapTemplate">
    		<constructor-arg ref="contextSource" />
    	</bean>
    	<bean id="LdapUserDao" class="taxonomy.dao.spring.SpringLdapUserDao">
    		<property name="ldapOperations" ref="ldapOperations"/>
    	</bean>
    I think I may be having a library issue, but not sure, these are the libraries that I am using right now for spring.
    • spring.jar (v2.0)
    • spring-ldap-1.1.2.jar
    • commons-collections.jar
    • commons-lang.jar
    • commons-logging.jar
    • ldapbp.jar
    • spring-orm.jar

Finally this is the error that I am getting.

Code:
    2006-12-19 09:02:55 StandardContext[/taxonomy]Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext
    2006-12-19 09:02:56 StandardContext[/taxonomy]Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'contextSource' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.lang.ArrayUtils.isEmpty([Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.lang.ArrayUtils.isEmpty([Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
    	at org.springframework.ldap.support.AbstractContextSource.afterPropertiesSet(AbstractContextSource.java:240)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1057)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1024)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:421)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:245)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:140)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:156)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:273)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:346)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3827)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4343)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:287)
    	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)
    Do I need to have a class to initialize the contextSource (like a LdapServerManager) or is that something that spring takes care of? In the sample program that comes with spring-ldap they have something like this:

Code:
    <bean name="ldapServerManager" class="org.springframework.ldap.LdapServerManager">
    		<property name="contextSource" ref="contextSource" />
    		<property name="ldifFile" value="setup_data.ldif" />
    	 </bean>
    which I assume is what I'm missing.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler Perkins

I would say you have the wrong version of commons-lang. Make sure you use commons-lang 2.1.

With regards to the usage of LdapServerManager, that's just an internal helper class that we used to simplify the bootstrapping of an in-memory ApacheDS LDAP-server for our integration tests and our sample application.

Comment

It is likely that a newer version of commons-lang is required; your present version doesn't appear to have a required method.

Comment

Hey thanks guys, that did the job. Ive been updating libraries and have found that it is not a very fun job. I've successfully upgraded from struts 1.1 to struts 2.0 and spring 1.1 to spring 2.0. Now I will attempt to update Hibernate.

Thanks again,
        Tyler Perkins

Comment

Hello, there,

I got the same error, I upgraded the commons-lang to commons-lang-2.3jar and still got the same error. Do I have to upgrade anything else to get it work? How do you find out the spring version?

Thanks!

Comment

You will find the version of all Spring jars in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file.

Comment

I just verified that the integration tests and the person sample works fine with commons-lang 2.3.

Comment

Working...
              X