Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ldaptemplate and CAS

Hello,

I am very new to Java programming and CAS and ldaptemplate are a challenge for me. I wonder where I could find a (complete) example how to make authentication using CAS and ldaptemplate. I have read the information from quickstart but I did not quite figure yet how to put it together.

I think my need is quite small as I just need to check username, password and some kind of group (authorization). I think I would like to crypt the password.

Kimmo

Well, this really too big a question for this forum.

I guess it all depends on what CAS implementation you are using. If you're thinking of building your own CAS implementation I'd definitely advise against it (especially if you're new to Java). There are several CAS implementations out there, and I guess their respective documentation will help you out on how to configure it.

Have a look at JA-SIG CAS. I have no experience of using it myself but I've heard good things about it and they do use Spring LDAP under the hood (which would at least indicate good taste ).

Comment

Hello,

I am using JA-SIG CAS (I am sorry that I did not mention it) and I have managed to use it in the default configuration, but now I need to modify it to use ldap.

I did not expect anyone to write a solution for me but I hoped some links.

I noticed that there was some examples in ldaptemplate but I could not connect them to JA-SIG CAS.

Thank you for your reply,

Kimmo

Comment

Working...
      X